The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:28:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50780 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 08:03:52 AM »

I think you're doing a fine job with national stuff, but I think your regional news needs work.  You tend to focus almost exclusively on the Mideast and the Midwest.  Have you done anything on the Northeast ever?  Isn't it still our most populous region?

Myself and Mideast assemblymen have requested info, so yeah.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »

Perhaps someone could help me here.  I've been doing some research into the stimulus package passed by the Senate, and can't quite get a handle on how much money the Northeast (or any other region) gets from it.

I believe the GM said that because no official declaration of the apportionment of the regional stimulus money that each region received a share proportional to their population. However, I'm not 100% certain about that.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »

I would like to request a report on the general status of Iraq and Afghanistan. Did we have troops at one time, or still do, or did we decide we would break from the US?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 10:47:55 PM »

I would like to request a report on the general status of Iraq and Afghanistan. Did we have troops at one time, or still do, or did we decide we would break from the US?

I think our old GM in time long gone by declared that we won the war because we had a surge or whatever.

Ok, though I'd like to see what Purple State has to say about the countries anyway.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »

Whether its most prominent residents, whose political leanings tend to favor abolition of the regions, view this as a positive or negative aspect cannot be determined by this office

I'd say its most prominent residents have a strong pro-regional tendency.  bgwah, for example, is a reactionary on the issue.

Do you even know what "reactionary" means?

Yes.
<-Radical----Liberal----Moderate----Conservative----Reactionary->

I'd say clapping your hands over your ears and going "lalala, regions are just swell in every way!" hearkens back to the days of yore entirely too much, wouldn't you?

Similarly, my impractical support of the complete abolition of regions is extreme enough (in a "change the foundations of society") way that it's clearly radical.

You just don't want to admit regions are making a big comeback as far as activity is concerned Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM »

• $1 Atlasian = $0.93064 U.S. (-0.00719)

The Atlasian trade deficit was reported to have shrunk by $10 billion since mid-August as the weakening dollar and economic recovery of a few key nations has led to increasing exports.

I hope people realize that this is a good thing.

I tried to convince Vepres of that last night in the Fiscal Relief debate.

Certainly the trade deficit decreasing is good, but a weak dollar hurts homeowners and seniors, and it also causes inflation. This is fine for now, but it shouldn't go on for too long.

Ideally we could have a strengthening dollar with a decreasing trade deficit, but a situation where that would occur would be difficult to engineer.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »

In any case, thanks for the analysis, and I'll leave you criticism free this time. Tongue

Which means NCY is going to be on my case. Uch...

Or me Tongue

You failed to address its impact, if any, on those with higher taxes. So yeah, it's great that it decreases the deficit, but you failed to address the consequences of the bill.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 10:45:38 PM »

Whenever you return, could you elaborate on the problems with Midwest law enforcement?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 06:13:17 PM »

Could you give an analysis of the law enforcement reform I proposed?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 05:46:27 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=110763.0
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 11:36:05 PM »

Good, effective and the is deficit neutral (well, positive).
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »

I can't find anything on the healthcare bill. Could you link me to something or write a report up Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »

National News

Atlasian National Healthcare Act Goes Into Effect
The following are the relevant statistics for the Atlasian National Healthcare Act as passed by the Senate:

Current number of uninsured Atlasians =  40 million
Projected # uninsured under Act = 25 million
Projected # to join ANHCP = 285 million

Projected 10 year cost of Act = $3.4 trillion
Projected 10 year revenue from Act = $3.45 trillion

Analysis
With an available universal program under the Act, this office projects that 25 million currently uninsured Atlasians will receive health insurance coverage with the passage of this Act. Without individual mandates or subsidies to cover premiums for the poor, few poor Atlasians will join the new government program, despite the absence of co-payments and deductibles. With no mandate and new taxes on benefits, those wealthy Atlasians who had refrained from purchasing an insurance plan now have a disincentive from buying in, while middle and upper-middle class Atlasians are somewhat more likely to drop their insurance plan.

Taxes on benefits with the absence of any mandates are likely to result in many employers dropping coverage. Some smaller insurance companies will also be forced to downsize or close due to new requirements to cover those with previous medical conditions and rules preventing them from providing certain basic services. This office projects a loss of $50 million to $250 million in economic activity in this area over ten years.

However, because businesses will no longer be burdened with providing health insurance coverage, projected wages over the next ten years are substantially higher, especially for those who make between $60,000 and $125,000 annually. In addition, the lightened load on businesses, especially smaller ones, will increase economic activity by approximately $700 million over five years.

While most people will proceed to purchase insurance through the exchange, most relying on the universal ANHCP, an estimated 10 million will refrain from buying new insurance. This nets approximately 15 million additional Atlasians with health coverage.

While the cost of the Act and projected number to join government run health care programs seem high, these numbers include the people and funding transferred from Medicare and Medicaid. It also includes those who previously had private insurance, but were transferred to coverage under the government program. Without those numbers, the cost is closer to $1.4 trillion and revenue equivalent to $1.45 trillion over ten years.

Ok, I still want to repeal it Tongue

Of course there would be a replacement.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »

Mr. GM, I would like to request a comprehensive overview on the effects and status of the 11 proposals passed so far during my tenure as OFKA Governor, which can all be found here.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2010, 05:52:05 PM »

National News

Riots Break Out In Federal Prisons
Around Atlasia riots have begun to break out in federal prisons as convicts argue that their constitutional rights have been violated. The riots come on the revelation that the Senate may not have the power to create criminal laws under the Constitution.

Guards in the prisons have been unable or unsure of how to respond to the situation, with many sympathizing with the prisoners. With some guards refusing to help quiet the prisons, it has become nearly impossible for wardens to gain full control of their facilities. The spontaneity of the situation has left prisons without central guidance from the Secretary of Internal Affairs as of yet, resulting in a patchwork of policies to address the emerging crisis.

Some wardens have initiated prison lockdowns, cordoning off wings of their prisons with sealed doors and armed guards. Others have retreated to safe zones within their own complexes, locking the prisoners out, rather than in.

Immediate action is necessary on the part of the SoIA to ensure the peace is restored.

Hopefully you can have events in reaction to new laws and such for the regions as well.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 08:02:42 PM »

You never did the regional budget for the MW Angry
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies