The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:23:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50262 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2010, 01:52:09 AM »
« edited: February 23, 2010, 01:53:40 AM by GM Purple State »

I'd like to please see some analysis on the 'Reasonable Military Funding Act's" impact on our military budget and what levels would be most appropriate to maintain a strong defense while being fiscally responsible. Thank you.

I cannot tell you this until the federal government forms a budget from which these cuts can be made. Until then, there is no point of reference for these cuts.

Rest assured, I have begun pushing for the return of the budget process to the government. It will be a slow process and I have started a thread here to find a solution. I urge you to research the issue (budgets used to be mandatory, but that process was halted by the 25th Amendment) and to make your concerns known by contacting your senators.

EDIT: I just checked your campaign thread and realize you are in support of that initiative. Great! Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2010, 02:02:47 AM »

I know we don't have a budget yet, I was just hoping for some estimates. I have made bringing back the budget a cornerstone of my campaign and hope to work very closely with you if elected. I have made it a priority to observe and act upon GM reports rather than ignore them. Thank you

I can tell you that a reduction in any department's budget by 50% is bound to have drastic effects on the ability of that department to conduct future operations. As stipulated in the legislation, the exact effects of the cuts would rely on the plan crafted by the DoEA, so for your question I would recommend that you request this information from the SoEA, who will have much greater oversight over what gets cut and what gets funded.

Of course, it will be difficult for the SoEA to tell you what he is cutting if he doesn't have a budget. So it's all a circle with no answer for now.

Thank you for your support of my budget initiative. Keep up the pressure to get it done and good luck in your race.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2010, 11:33:35 PM »

Mr. GM, I would like to request a comprehensive overview on the effects and status of the 11 proposals passed so far during my tenure as OFKA Governor, which can all be found here.

Now that you put 'em all on the Wiki you thought you would make it useful for yourself, eh? I'll take a look and see what I can do.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2010, 08:27:22 PM »

Corrected. Still getting used to the new admin. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »

Kinda burnt out from the trip home and going to have sparse time this weekend. There will be a GTO General Assembly wrap-up in the coming days, which may come in a few posts. There will also be the week's end financials at some point.

I haven't forgotten about you all. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2010, 11:59:19 AM by GM Purple State »

I beg your pardon Mister GM, but I doubt your report on the Southeast's current prison system is accurate, considering that the region has literally five thousand square miles of available prison space.

Dear lord, that is actually a law? I'll go edit the report then.

I must say, the Southeast never fails to surprise me.

EDIT: That actually didn't make much difference because the free-range prisons are only for violent crimes with a prison sentence of 10 years or greater.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2010, 01:48:48 AM »

With the holiday of Passover nearly upon us, my time on the forum will be spotty coming up. I will not be available on the following days:

Most of tomorrow (will be on a bus most of the day); the afternoon of Monday, March 29 until the night of Wednesday, March 31; the afternoon of Sunday, April 4 until the night of Tuesday, April 6.

As punishment for my absence, I promise not to eat any leavened bread or grains from the afternoon of Monday, March 29 until the night of Tuesday, April 6.

Happy Passover all!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2010, 02:41:37 AM »

I assure you a timely response from the SoIA or President should end this quite easily.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2010, 02:48:06 AM »

Anything to get people moving I suppose.

Really, why not give poor ol' Al something to do over at the DoIA?

Plus, the best stories are those that reflect the impact of something in the game that I didn't invent. Creating stories about how a bill or comment or legal loophole affects the nation make the most compelling issues, since they are made by players, not by me.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »

<OOC>I've not 'sent in' anyone because I don't know if I can; I obviously don't control the military and (presumably) not national guard units. But I don't know much about the internal structure of the American police, so if there's something obvious... please say so. And I'll probably do it.</OOC>

Obviously we can't let this situation get out of hand. The safety of the people is at stake.

Your response was appropriate.

@Badger: Can you post in this thread from now on? It's kinda a nuisance to have discussion in the main story thread. And bear in mind that certain things are impossibilities in this game and do not add to the content. It means nothing to anyone to say lots of lawsuits are being filed. I think it's more important to allow people to act on a semi-reasonable situation than to allow the game to drag on with no reaction to actual situations. Al stepped up to the plate and managed it quickly and well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »

<OOC>I've not 'sent in' anyone because I don't know if I can; I obviously don't control the military and (presumably) not national guard units. But I don't know much about the internal structure of the American police, so if there's something obvious... please say so. And I'll probably do it.</OOC>

Obviously we can't let this situation get out of hand. The safety of the people is at stake.

Your response was appropriate.

@Badger: Can you post in this thread from now on? It's kinda a nuisance to have discussion in the main story thread. And bear in mind that certain things are impossibilities in this game and do not add to the content. It means nothing to anyone to say lots of lawsuits are being filed. I think it's more important to allow people to act on a semi-reasonable situation than to allow the game to drag on with no reaction to actual situations. Al stepped up to the plate and managed it quickly and well.

Fair enough. Consider my post a letter to the editor. Smiley

No worries. I just think it was the second time you did that so wanted to "lay down the law." Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2010, 12:37:50 AM »

The ANSE remained relatively flat compared to recent losses as the UNEPSE announced it would pause the current strike in the Northeast until the Supreme Court hears its appeal to NE CJO RowanBrandon's finding in Northeast v. UNEPSE. The strike has so far cost the region approximately $120 million.

No it hasn't.  The strike has cost UNEPSE $120 million under the CJO RowanBrandon's ruling.

Come now, you know that is the correct way to phrase it until the matter is resolved.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »

I will be fairly absent this weekend. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2010, 10:22:03 PM »

Atlasia's federal prisons are still in a state of emergency. Given the extreme nature of the measures implemented, I'd like to know when I can order things to return to their normal state.

I will put out a follow-up tonight.

National News

Riots Break Out In Federal Prisons
Around Atlasia riots have begun to break out in federal prisons as convicts argue that their constitutional rights have been violated. The riots come on the revelation that the Senate may not have the power to create criminal laws under the Constitution.

Guards in the prisons have been unable or unsure of how to respond to the situation, with many sympathizing with the prisoners. With some guards refusing to help quiet the prisons, it has become nearly impossible for wardens to gain full control of their facilities. The spontaneity of the situation has left prisons without central guidance from the Secretary of Internal Affairs as of yet, resulting in a patchwork of policies to address the emerging crisis.

Some wardens have initiated prison lockdowns, cordoning off wings of their prisons with sealed doors and armed guards. Others have retreated to safe zones within their own complexes, locking the prisoners out, rather than in.

Immediate action is necessary on the part of the SoIA to ensure the peace is restored.

Hopefully you can have events in reaction to new laws and such for the regions as well.

See here. Wink

Of course I will Vepres.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2010, 06:11:12 PM »

People, please stop posting directly in the ADH thread. It leads to a potential mess. Comments here. Much obliged! Smiley

So, in this universe Smolensk crash never happened? Tongue

In general, Atlasia isn't outward-oriented enough for certain things to actually occur. For all intents and purposes the government of Poland will change if I am to ever report on it, but there is not an actual plane crash story.

When it comes to international news, what I report tends to be what I think may lead someone in the game to do something affecting the game. It is rarely beyond that.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2010, 10:02:04 PM by GM Purple State »

Okay, I am asking for the last time: Please do not post directly in the Atlasia Dispatch-Herald thread. That thread is for GM reports only. This lovely thread is for reader comments, requests, etc.

I will cease taking requests from those who insist on clogging up the main thread in the future.

Thank you.

And yes, expect a report on algae farms tonight or tomorrow.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »

Will we  get algae numbers today?

Working on them now.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2010, 09:41:57 PM »

Intending on a regional update this week. Also, get ready for another fun-filled GTO week, in which Atlasia shirks its responsibility to lead the global discussion on important issues.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »

The GM might want to pay attention - because no one else is - to whatever it is the DoI does these days.

I just got online and saw your lovely pronouncements. Story pending...
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2010, 09:36:15 PM »

You never did the regional budget for the MW Angry

Expenditures = $5. Revenues = $7. Congratulations, you have $2 left to spend. Tongue

I will work on the remaining regions over the next week.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »

No comments on my speech to the GTO?

Financials tonight. Another regional budget tomorrow. Sometime this week I will report on the speech.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »

I don't report on game politics, as that is something you can witness and receive ample commentary on from one of the fine publications out there.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2010, 01:45:14 AM »

Sorry all, it's finals period so I may not be responding to some things in as timely a way as I should be (I know you're staring Hash). I will definitely get to it.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2010, 09:50:06 PM »

Just a note: I've been in transition a lot lately, but as of tomorrow night I will be back in the full swing of things. Probably a financial report and a regional report tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies