The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:15:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50238 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

Could you periodically, say, once a week, update us on the economic status of the individual regions.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2009, 05:03:30 PM »

Could you periodically, say, once a week, update us on the economic status of the individual regions.

I will try to describe the directions of the regions once a week or so, more likely through analysis or stories than specific data, which probably won't come more often than once a month, simply because the regions don't act on enough to effect enough change to make a substantive difference that quickly
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2009, 05:16:53 PM »

I will try to describe the directions of the regions once a week or so, more likely through analysis or stories than specific data, which probably won't come more often than once a month, simply because the regions don't act on enough to effect enough change to make a substantive difference that quickly

I know, but it would also be interesting to see how federal  policy affects certain regions.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2009, 05:47:28 PM »

I know, but it would also be interesting to see how federal  policy affects certain regions.

That I will be sure to include in the analysis of federal policies from now on, especially when the stimulus funds begin rolling out.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2009, 12:34:40 PM »

I'm wondering how you came up with regional population numbers, because it isn't based on the real figures.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2009, 02:22:41 PM »

I'm wondering how you came up with regional population numbers, because it isn't based on the real figures.

It is based on the populations of the regions as a proportion of the whole, which is derived from the US population total.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »

It is based on the populations of the regions as a proportion of the whole, which is derived from the US population total.

Well... 2 of the 4 most populous states are in the Southeast, and 4 of the top 10. Meanwhile the Midwest has nothing. You should look into updating that.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2009, 02:27:34 PM »

Well... 2 of the 4 most populous states are in the Southeast, and 4 of the top 10. Meanwhile the Midwest has nothing. You should look into updating that.

Most populous states does not have anything to do with total regional populations. The populations of the regions, as outlined by the SoFA are:

Mideast, Midwest = 25 (~18%)
Pacific, Northeast = 35 (~25%)
Southeast = 19 (~14%)

That is what the numbers are based on. I would agree that there are a number of ways I can do these numbers to make some regions bigger or smaller. This is how I chose to do it so as to more accurately represent Atlasia, rather than the US.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2009, 02:30:05 PM »

Most populous states does not have anything to do with total regional populations. The populations of the regions, as outlined by the SoFA are:

Mideast, Midwest = 25 (~18%)
Pacific, Northeast = 35 (~25%)
Southeast = 19 (~14%)

That is what the numbers are based on. I would agree that there are a number of ways I can do these numbers to make some regions bigger or smaller. This is how I chose to do it so as to more accurately represent Atlasia, rather than the US.

Okay that makes much more sense. thanks for clearing that up.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »

Damn ruskis!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »

Wow I honestly thought it was like the only person who used the term "ruskis".  In fact, I actually didn't know anyone outside my friends even heard of that word.  God I am so stupid sometimes Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »

Wow I honestly thought it was like the only person who used the term "ruskis".  In fact, I actually didn't know anyone outside my friends even heard of that word.  God I am so stupid sometimes Tongue

Its in the Michael Moore film, Canadian Bacon, I beleive.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »

Never seen a Michael Moore film actually.  And Canadian bacon is not very good.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2009, 07:23:02 PM »

Canadian Bacon, the movie, is.

However, all the older forumnites should be laughing in their sleeves right now, as they were no doubt entirely aware that the slur of choice for "Russians" was "Russkies" (sp?) at the time, and so they should find it lulzworthy that you actually think it came from a movie.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2009, 10:46:42 AM »

lol
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »

I've posted the Midwest regional education numbers. I won't be doing every region in this way unless there are specific requests (I know Marokai wants the Pacific, so that will be the next one I work on). It will take some time to do each one.

In your requests, it would be greatly appreciated if you brought to my attention any legislation passed by the region pertaining to education (as Vepres did with the End to Standardization Act).
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »

I'll request the same education numbers that you gave for the Mideast, as well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »

I'll request the same education numbers that you gave for the Mideast, as well.

I'm fairly certain I know of most of the Mideast's legislation on education (as I passed some of it), but if you could dig that up and post links in here that would be great.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »

This was what I could find:
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/A.R._3:_Amendment_to_the_Mideast_Intelligent_Design_Statute
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Mideast_Education_Reform_Statute
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Mideast_Senator_Al_Scholarship_Statute
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/A.R._2:_The_Mideast_Education_Opportunity_Act_of_2008 (my pride and joy)
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/A.R.1_:_The_Mideast_Education_Funds_Allotment_Act
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2009, 09:15:41 PM »

I just want to say that you're doing such an amazing job so far PS. Please, keep it up, I love all the economic data, and can never get enough.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2009, 09:19:53 PM »

I just want to say that you're doing such an amazing job so far PS. Please, keep it up, I love all the economic data, and can never get enough.

Agreed.

Hopefully your tenure will set a standard that all future GMs will reach for so that when your time as GM has ended, we can continue this awesome flow of information.

BTW, how long do you think you'll remain in this post at the moment?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2009, 09:23:45 PM »

Canadian Bacon, the movie, is.

However, all the older forumnites should be laughing in their sleeves right now, as they were no doubt entirely aware that the slur of choice for "Russians" was "Russkies" (sp?) at the time, and so they should find it lulzworthy that you actually think it came from a movie.

I never said it "came" from the movie, stupid. Tongue I was pointing out that it was in that movie which was made 14 years ago an so it predates his group of friends. You read too much into what I said.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2009, 09:25:23 PM »

Grin Positive results from the End to Standardization Act.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2009, 09:27:35 PM »

Agreed.

Hopefully your tenure will set a standard that all future GMs will reach for so that when your time as GM has ended, we can continue this awesome flow of information.

BTW, how long do you think you'll remain in this post at the moment?

I thank you all for the kind words. And I have no plans to leave this office for a good while Vepres. I'm not eyeing October or anything, so you are stuck with me here for a while.

I have my moments. Wink
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2009, 09:32:27 PM »

I still think it sucks. Angry
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies