American average political matrix (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:33:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  American average political matrix (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: American average political matrix  (Read 2929 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 06, 2009, 06:10:03 PM »

Yeah. That would be about an average PM of +2 of 10% to the right of dead center. About a third of the U.S. are conservative and about a fifth are liberal. Those numbers have been more or less the same since the 1960s (according to the Harris poll).

In all, I think that +3 in this country would make you a conservative and -3 would make you a liberal. That being, this country is probably center-right, though there are changes on the horizon- this is what I see-

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 07:49:38 PM »

Economic score: -0.39
Social score: +4.35

Your score pegs you as economically centrist and socially moderately authoritarian.

Economic centrists generally support economic policy that they see as fit for specific situations, although they may have different views relating to taxes and regulation.

Moderate social authoritarians typically support social controls meant to encourage moral behaviour and an organised society, although they may have some moderate or libertarian positions.

I think this fits good. I think Americans are generally protectionist and moderatley socially conservative as a whole.

Yeah. It's kinda weird. Outside of abortion, people are pretty nationalistic on social issues. I hope that's changing. It appears that the devide on abortion is here to stay and will not budge. On the other hand, it appears that other issues are beginning finally move. The kids, though no different than their parents or grand-parents on abortion (tending to informally poll more pro-life, but less likely to vote in favor of abortion restrictions- see S.D. Ref. 9 2008.) are beginning to come around on marijuana and gays. Prostitution will probably have to wait another 20 years before that issue sees any life...and I hope that hard drugs stay out of the fray as much as possible.  So, there you have it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies