Is this a left-leaning forum?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:49:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is this a left-leaning forum?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Is this a left-leaning forum?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Is this a left-leaning forum?  (Read 7724 times)
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009, 04:15:29 PM »

Not in particular. I see this place run the gamut from left and right, but overall, I see more moderation than leftism. Fiscal conservatives, moderate on social issues, democrats leaning center/right on social issues, etc.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 05:04:36 PM »

In general, the forum is a stupids-leaning forum, with an attention-whoring bias.
f****t!

Just because you are one doesn't mean that you have to go around telling the entire forum about it.
I joke of course but that was a lame comeback to 1000th degree. You can do better.
I already have dibs on wrist-slitter, emo poster child, loser, moron, idiot, drug addict, raving homosexual, dipstick, assface, and anything else that I feel like using to aptly describe you
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2009, 05:39:09 PM »

In general, the forum is a stupids-leaning forum, with an attention-whoring bias.
f****t!

Just because you are one doesn't mean that you have to go around telling the entire forum about it.
I joke of course but that was a lame comeback to 1000th degree. You can do better.
I already have dibs on wrist-slitter, emo poster child, loser, moron, idiot, drug addict, raving homosexual, dipstick, assface, and anything else that I feel like using to aptly describe you
Could you at least think of something good?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2009, 05:39:24 PM »

f****t!

Just wanted to quite this incase it was deleted because of it's unbelievable stupidity. Why you keep picking on EMD is beyond me. He's a perfectly fine member of the forum.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »

f****t!

I challenge DWTL to a duel for the ownership of assface.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »

I accept Giovanni's challenge, but this is actually only for owner of "assface" toward the true ass face of this forum, EMD, you are free to use it on others
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2009, 08:47:30 PM »

f****t!

Could you at least think of something good?
DWTL is too stupid to realize that there is actually some funny material to use on me, sadly.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 09:06:42 PM »

I love how you don't even need to insult DWTL, he does everything himself. His inane pot vs. alcohol crap is another hilarious example.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2009, 01:02:26 AM »

EMD, please don't bother.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2009, 01:16:00 AM »

Yes, but not in a significant way.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2009, 01:41:22 AM »

It is very right-leaning economically, obviously, though centrist socially.  It diverges from the general public mainly socially.  The most salient characteristic of posters here is that they live in a fantasy world.
I think the pronoun you were looking for there is "we".
yes Lee isn't exactly a hated figure from the civil war.
Well i could see a majority not saying hes a ff so i suppose you might be right. But i think a majority wouldnt call him a HP either.
I agree, Lee wouldn't do bad nationally on our silly FF/HP poll.  Lee is respected by people on both sides of the Mason-Dixon....for better or worse.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2009, 08:30:44 AM »

This pretty much sums it up:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=94827.45
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »

I agree, Lee wouldn't do bad nationally on our silly FF/HP poll.  Lee is respected by people on both sides of the Mason-Dixon....for better or worse.[/quote]

What? I've yet to meet anyone who had any remote level of respect for the Confederacy here. When I was in school in history classes covering the Civil War they were portrayed about the same as Nazi Germany was when covering WWII. I remember in elementary school quite clearly that every Confederate atrocity was covered in detail while Union atrocities completely ignored.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »

Or just compare the % of atheists on the forum and in the general American population.
Because all atheists are left wing or all left wingers are atheist. Roll Eyes This stat has nothing to do with with the forum's ideological standpoint.

Case in point - myself.  Duh.

That's a type of behaviour I don't really get. Within the context of my original post it's pretty obvious that I was referring to social issues, which is part of ideology. If you want to claim that religiousness is irrelevant to politics I must say...eh.

ButI guess BRTD wanted to attempt an attack by feigning ignorance. Or something.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »

I would say slightly center left on economics, but only slightly so and moving towards the center over time actually.  On social issues, the forum is dominated by secular upper middle class sensibilities of the under 30 crowd, which creates a mix of libertarian and "statist" preferences that fit those sensibilities. I suppose that is left of center but only in the way I described.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2009, 02:57:40 PM »

I agree, Lee wouldn't do bad nationally on our silly FF/HP poll.  Lee is respected by people on both sides of the Mason-Dixon....for better or worse.

What? I've yet to meet anyone who had any remote level of respect for the Confederacy here. When I was in school in history classes covering the Civil War they were portrayed about the same as Nazi Germany was when covering WWII. I remember in elementary school quite clearly that every Confederate atrocity was covered in detail while Union atrocities completely ignored.

Definitely. The stuff that kids learn about the Civil War is a great example of victor's history. Of course, that's not to say that the Confederates were in the right or anything, but the curriculum there would practically have you believe that Lincoln was the second coming of Jesus & the South was a Zerg colony.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »

Definitely. The stuff that kids learn about the Civil War is a great example of victor's history. Of course, that's not to say that the Confederates were in the right or anything, but the curriculum there would practically have you believe that Lincoln was the second coming of Jesus & the South was a Zerg colony.

The only bad thing I heard about the Union was Sherman, and that was like five minutes of "but it had to be done to end the war" reasoning. It was filled with "the South was so evil they would eat babies, the North would shoot rainbows out of their guns" propaganda.
BTW, nice use of Zerg colony in reference to the South.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »

Yeah, I hated the south until I read an alternate history book from the perspective of Lee and a confederate soldier. It was an eye opener. Then my debate with SPC...

I'm sure if you studied American history in college you'd be educated of the bad things the union did.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2009, 07:14:55 PM »

Yeah, I hated the south until I read an alternate history book from the perspective of Lee and a confederate soldier. It was an eye opener. Then my debate with SPC...

I'm sure if you studied American history in college you'd be educated of the bad things the union did.

I felt the same way too. While the South's support of its slaver class is reprehensible, once you seriously examine history it becomes clear that the North was not an all-noble, all-good agent of freedom valiantly rushing to the defense of the slaves.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »

Voted yes, broke tie.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2009, 10:40:58 PM »

I re-tied it. Tongue
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »

Or just compare the % of atheists on the forum and in the general American population.
Because all atheists are left wing or all left wingers are atheist. Roll Eyes This stat has nothing to do with with the forum's ideological standpoint.

Case in point - myself.  Duh.

That's a type of behaviour I don't really get. Within the context of my original post it's pretty obvious that I was referring to social issues, which is part of ideology. If you want to claim that religiousness is irrelevant to politics I must say...eh.

ButI guess BRTD wanted to attempt an attack by feigning ignorance. Or something.

I just skimmed so I didn't notice your post was separated.  So I largely agree with what you've said in that post and on BRTD.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2009, 12:15:07 AM »

I think the fact that this isn't 80%+ No proves this isn't a left-wing forum.

Put this poll on DU and they'll say they are fair and balanced and 95% No as insane as that sounds.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2009, 12:22:33 AM »

Put this poll on DU and they'll say they are fair and balanced and 95% No as insane as that sounds.

I should hope that posters at a site called DemocraticUnderground might realize that the site tends to favor the Democratic party.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2009, 12:55:36 AM »

I should hope that posters at a site called DemocraticUnderground might realize that the site tends to favor the Democratic party.

If FOX News viewers think their channel is moderate, then anything is possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies