Question about voter registration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:44:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Question about voter registration
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question about voter registration  (Read 96 times)
Obama24
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2024, 12:22:19 AM »

Hey,

I'm moving within the same state and city, just different boroughs. Technically, I already paid rent on the place already, it's just moving is going to take a while. My 'official' move-in date per the USPS will be July 1st.

I want to work as a poll worker again, and since I'll be living at the new place around election time, I'd want to work near there.

Would it be illegal to change my address with the voter registration board before July 1st?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 06:06:50 AM »

Hey,

I'm moving within the same state and city, just different boroughs. Technically, I already paid rent on the place already, it's just moving is going to take a while. My 'official' move-in date per the USPS will be July 1st.

I want to work as a poll worker again, and since I'll be living at the new place around election time, I'd want to work near there.

Would it be illegal to change my address with the voter registration board before July 1st?

I would think that you could change your address now if you could go into your new apartment and sleep there every night.  If you signed a lease, but didn't have access to the apartment yet, that would be different.

If you are in NY, I would tell you to ask your county's Board of Elections.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 11:18:46 AM »

Call your county elections office and ask them.  They will know the relevant laws and regulations better than anyone here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies