TDB: Trump’s Campaign Conceded in a Memo That Comey Was Having Major Impact (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:01:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  TDB: Trump’s Campaign Conceded in a Memo That Comey Was Having Major Impact (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TDB: Trump’s Campaign Conceded in a Memo That Comey Was Having Major Impact  (Read 732 times)
uti2

« on: July 19, 2017, 03:27:37 PM »

James Comey, a Federal Employee paid for by our tax dollars, used his official position to flip an election in favor of the party that he was a twice max-donor to, and which he had a yard sign for in front of his house. He did so knowing that there was a foreign effort to undermine the election by helping the candidate of that same party, which he was keeping under wraps. Criminal, criminal, criminal.

That's not even the worst part though. The worst part is that Comey's very basis for deciding to interfere in the election was a document forged by russian intelligence.
uti2

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 03:33:34 PM »

Of course it had an impact. She was well on her way to an Obama 2008-type landslide before that memo.

There are a lot of people who still deny it had a sizable impact, and some liberals as well who just see it as Clinton trying to blame her loss on anyone or anything but herself (which, tbf, she deserves some blame but it doesn't make Comey any less relevant). I just wanted to point out that both campaigns and other analysts agree that Comey did have an noticeable impact. For anyone who was closely following the election, it should have been obvious. I've never seen Politico's front page listings go from mixed news to literally 100% Clinton email stories within 24 hours. Every single link was something about the email scandal. They never did this for any scandal, not even Trump's Access Hollywood tape. This kind of beating in the media carried on for a while before election day.

I really wish Clinton had just retired - she had way too much baggage, particularly with the email stuff, but I do believe the last-minute Comey letter(s) shifted the election to Trump. Otherwise, Hillary was on her way to winning, probably by a pretty comfortable popular vote margin. Such a win would have probably flipped the Senate and maybe 6 - 8 more House seats as well.

The downballot implications of Comey's announcement are also underplayed. If you accept the premise that Comey swayed voters to Trump by x% points, you should also accept that Comey had a similar effect on the downballot, since downballot Rs also outperformed their polling.

As far as Hillary goes, the email investigation was supposed to be cleaned up nice and easy and closed by the DOJ without much issue. Unexpectedly, Comey decided to go rogue because he saw a forged russian intelligence document as part of Russia's specific effort to help Trump.
uti2

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 04:30:26 PM »

Of course it had an impact. She was well on her way to an Obama 2008-type landslide before that memo.

There are a lot of people who still deny it had a sizable impact, and some liberals as well who just see it as Clinton trying to blame her loss on anyone or anything but herself (which, tbf, she deserves some blame but it doesn't make Comey any less relevant). I just wanted to point out that both campaigns and other analysts agree that Comey did have an noticeable impact. For anyone who was closely following the election, it should have been obvious. I've never seen Politico's front page listings go from mixed news to literally 100% Clinton email stories within 24 hours. Every single link was something about the email scandal. They never did this for any scandal, not even Trump's Access Hollywood tape. This kind of beating in the media carried on for a while before election day.

I really wish Clinton had just retired - she had way too much baggage, particularly with the email stuff, but I do believe the last-minute Comey letter(s) shifted the election to Trump. Otherwise, Hillary was on her way to winning, probably by a pretty comfortable popular vote margin. Such a win would have probably flipped the Senate and maybe 6 - 8 more House seats as well.

The downballot implications of Comey's announcement are also underplayed. If you accept the premise that Comey swayed voters to Trump by x% points, you should also accept that Comey had a similar effect on the downballot, since downballot Rs also outperformed their polling.

As far as Hillary goes, the email investigation was supposed to be cleaned up nice and easy and closed by the DOJ without much issue. Unexpectedly, Comey decided to go rogue because he saw a forged russian intelligence document as part of Russia's specific effort to help Trump.
LOL now we're blaming Comey's letter on Russia?

According to Comey himself:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/28/politics/lindsey-graham-james-comey/index.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies