The Atlasian Democrat: Your Official Atlasian News Service (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:40:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Democrat: Your Official Atlasian News Service (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Democrat: Your Official Atlasian News Service  (Read 4509 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« on: December 02, 2014, 09:16:36 PM »

You're better off PMing the two mods for this board to ask them to sticky it and include the link.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 01:52:37 PM »

What is inner city youth defined as?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »

I defined it as any young person between 16 and 18 who is old enough and able to hold employment and lives inside a city's central limits (As opposed to suburban youths).

Also, if I might request in the future, inquiries like this please go in my office and not in the newspaper so I can keep it as uncluttered as possible. I hope that answers your question.

So, these are 16-18 year olds who are seeking full time work and are not in high school? Inversely, the other 91% are in full-time jobs and not in high school?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 01:54:59 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2015, 01:56:47 PM by SirNick »

I defined it as any young person between 16 and 18 who is old enough and able to hold employment and lives inside a city's central limits (As opposed to suburban youths).

Also, if I might request in the future, inquiries like this please go in my office and not in the newspaper so I can keep it as uncluttered as possible. I hope that answers your question.

So, these are 16-18 year olds who are seeking full time work and are not in high school? Inversely, the other 91% are in full-time jobs and not in high school?

They can either be students or not. That wasn't taken into consideration when I did the figures. I simply used any 16-18 year old who could be considered employable for either part time or full time work.

So you're telling me that 90% or so of ALL 16-18 year olds in urban areas have full or part time jobs? I find your figure to be absurd. You also seem to include people who aren't working for work since you're using the term "employable" which would mean everyone. People not looking for work are not included in unemployment rates.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 10:03:22 PM »

They can either be students or not. That wasn't taken into consideration when I did the figures. I simply used any 16-18 year old who could be considered employable for either part time or full time work.

So you're telling me that 90% or so of ALL 16-18 year olds in urban areas have full or part time jobs? I find your figure to be absurd. You also seem to include people who aren't working for work since you're using the term "employable" which would mean everyone. People not looking for work are not included in unemployment rates.

Did I say that I included people who weren't looking? If so, then I either misspoke or you've misinterpreted me.

Either way, that's the figure and you're going to have to deal with it or you can take the job back and do it right this time.

I honestly thought you were doing a fine job before you put in unnecessary statistics that you haven't thought through. Regardless, I'm asking you what this figure does and does not include.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 08:13:53 AM »

The Atlasian Democrat

Your Source for Atlasia's News!

Campaign Settles In For Center-Left

While the right's Presidential candidate, Potus, will no doubt continue to call attention to his stint in the cabinet, one interesting factor about this campaign seems to be the solidifying of the forces of the left and center-left. Labor and TPP, having just recently been embroiled in a major fight for the soul of Atlasian progressive politics, seem to be working harmoniously to elect their joint ticket in the first election of the year. One Labor activist told us that the Bore/BK ticket is the most exciting Labor ticket they've ever volunteered for. A TPP worker said that cooperation among the two parties has been easy for the most part. "It helps that Bore and Bacon King are both on the center-left. If one was an extremist, it may not have been as easy."

Even doing his part for the campaign, notable Labor lion, Senator TNF stated that no one could beat the combination. Secretary Potus' hopes for success in what is now a very difficult prospect for him rely on the turnout of the right in his favor.

Mideast Debates High Speed Rail

Atlasia has a large and modern rail network and the Mideast is currently debating a multi-billion dollar investment in their regional railroad. That being the case, The Atlasian Democrat has been conducting an investigation to determine the usage and feasibility of this project which we expect to complete in the next couple of days. Several Mideast legislators are concerned that with the current rail budget of only $0.2 billion, that a milti-billion dollar investment may not be worth it. However, in the Mideast, the most popular rail hub is the Chicago hub where rough estimates hold that close to a million people per year use and pass through the rail stations.

In general, High speed rail in Atlasia has been popular in recent times thanks to low ticket costs compared to other nations and the fact that gas prices remain at above average levels.

Weekly Economic Forecast

The Following is an economic forecast for the Regions and Atlasia at large:

Northeast: Unemployment: 6.1%
IDS: Unemployment: 6.6%
Mideast: Unemployment: 6.5%
Midwest: Unemployment: 6.3%
Pacific: Unemployment: 8.8%
National: Unemployment: 7.2%

Overall Analysis

The overall analysis of the most recent employment figures shows in general a minor uptick in the national average thanks to the elimination of some temporary holiday work. Overall economic indicators though must be considered in good shape because though there was a rise, in general employment has held up well and looks to continue doing so as was explained to us by economics Prof. Ed Anderson that with the public and private sectors expanding, look for the rates to remain lower than they have been in some time.

He noted that while the numbers themselves may not seem spectacular, that in fact, they are a positive sign moving forward for employment in the country.

Glad to see that you dropped the urban youth unemployment bs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies