Explosion at Brussels Airport (Update: also at Molenbeek metro station) 34 dead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:25:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Explosion at Brussels Airport (Update: also at Molenbeek metro station) 34 dead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Explosion at Brussels Airport (Update: also at Molenbeek metro station) 34 dead  (Read 9881 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: March 22, 2016, 03:09:13 AM »

Belga news agency:

Some witness spoke about rifles and Arab words shouting before the blasts.

2 blasts would be confirmed.

Bordel
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 03:15:22 AM »

Firemen also told Belga news agency that several other bombs have been found in the airport.

Also, well:

France
Belgium

...for IS so far apparently.

Mali
Burkina

...for AQ so far apparently.

Cameroun
Tchad

...for BH so far apparently.

Yay, Francophone world...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 03:19:46 AM »

French police source to itélé:

Blasts in Bruxelles subway.

Putain...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 03:29:03 AM »

Blast confirmed in at least one subway station by AFP.

Tens of dead now reported in the ariport.

Best wishes to people there, notably Atlas posters.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 03:37:02 AM »

Malbeek station, 'European disrict'.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 03:41:34 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 03:46:29 AM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

2 subway station, other being Schuman. next to Malbeek and CDnV according to France Inter, only Malbeek confirmed by Belgian officials though.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 04:03:07 AM »

In fact, according to last France Inter flash, in Schuman subway station it's the blow of Malbeek that could make believe to an other blast, but only one in Malbeek would have happened.

So, so far, there would have been:

Riffles and 2 blasts in the airport.
1 major blast in Malbeek subway.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 04:13:45 AM »

RIP

Also, this might not be the end today. I hope that security forces in Belgium and other countries will be 100% ready.
And actually its pretty logical that terrorist in Belgium after so intense hunting on them decided to speed up their plans and I am sure that Belgian police/CT forces expected something like this.

Not trying to make a polemic about that, but here, sometimes politicians are so heavy with that, that you almost could think they wish something like this, hope Belgian ones won't turn as insane with that.

And yeah, given all what happened in Belgium since at least Verviers, it would have been surprising nothing was expected.

Still, maybe nothing...that big.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 04:31:58 AM »

Official Belgian authorities report:

13 dead people
35 wounded

Phone system saturated, it asks people to only use texting or social networks.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 04:53:20 AM »

It's ok, everything is under control...

AFP now gives 21 dead people.

Some policee sources say that it's been quite murderous in the subway too.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 05:37:20 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 05:46:16 AM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

Bernard Cazeneuve, French interior Ministry, taking advantage of it to justify the [sometimes insane, abusive, and in the end counter-productive] emergency state security measures that has been taken in France.

Kudos.

Also, apparently, new ones will be taken, it seems it gonna be forbidden to enter an airport/station without ID transports tickets in France now.

1.600 policemen on the way all over the country, 400 in Paris, for new security measures.

Thalys and Eurostar cut, Bruxelles becoming a kinda shut/dead city.

1 suicide bomber confirmed by police in the airport.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 05:40:19 AM »

Crazy how each time, in each country, 'strong' or not, a handful of guys manage to put the whole society upside down.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 05:32:34 PM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

Just, it's Maelbeek metro station, 'European district'.

Molenbeek is that fancy part of Bruxelles, where people who enjoy doing such stuffs like to gather together, not really the same part of the city to say the least...

Maybe we can sum it to 'Bruxelles attacks'.

The 'Brussels attacks' already seem to be on here ande there, but Bruxelles being 85% Francophone, I go by this spelling.

Bordel, thankfully beauty is still ranked high enough...

Bruxelles ma belle, thats a good one, amazing I never heard on the radio so far today...

And, about the compliments that I saw toward Belgian forces and services a few posts above, they had already unbunked several serious terror cells, heard about Verviers sometimes just for one? And when it came to catch the last big fish, they managed to have him alive, which is something which seems almost impossible for any French forces.

Almost as many wounded than in Paris.

Ah and, crazy how, in most if not all debates, and so far there's been almost as much as there's been in November/January here, Belgium, and overall Bruxelles, being culturally, and even 'affectionally', very close to France, most people always quite well identify what turned wrong with those young guys that are my age and grew in the same country or very close to mine.

The problematic, is still, so f**king still, obviously the fact that the dominating/white/christian/whatever been used to split part of the population regularly slapped those kids, their parents, their grand-parents, and overslapped the further generations when our proud ancesters enjoyed the kinky taste of conquest and exploitation all over the world.

The so fancy and proud values our countries have been and are so keen and proud at putting forth that they attack exactly are the values they and their families have been regularly deprived from by exactly our societies.

Everything is so f**king logical then, isn't it?

This is not a f**king excuse to blast cities, but that eventually might be a f**king explanation that maybe one day those super wonderlands in which we live will have to deal with...for real.

And that's here that the debates become the most silly, because that is quite well identified and aknowledged by a good deal of people and even kinda became the 'official dominating paradigm'.

But, in the end, when people try to 'find answers' to this, they always go, again and again and again and again, along with 'such or such policies are bad, we need such or such policies and blhablhablhablhablhablhalhbalh'.

This doesn't go anywhere, and the fact that people only stay on such easy answer in order to better get rid of their personal guilt, which in the end doesn't give any positive result, disqualifies the preceding historical, and sociological, not to say even anthropological, analysis, and in the end it would in big part be what makes those so f**king proud new so called 'fascism' going on and on and on and on...

It's not f**king policies that are needed, it's the mind of the f**king dominating people that has to...only...accept those people as 'normal humans'.

It's not politics that changes the mind of people, I might be totally silly but I tend to think it's the opposite, the mind of people change their society, thus politics.

Then, eventually, the future kids won't turn as bad.

But for those guys, yeah, that gonna be hard to suddenly change their mind to make them bow to our wonderland, they fully built themselves against us for a while now apparently and they've become the receptacle of...centuries of...'things'.

Seen those young bearded that proudly screwed the Sykes-Picot line between Syria and Iraq?

Where does this f**king come from?

Just for one thing amongst others...

It's so f**king insane that we were in the same playground, and already there, at least at the beginnining of adolescence, the split and hatred already was there, I lived it, in the different parts of France in which I lived, always the same split and defiance.

In the end, most of people who grew in the 'bad part of the population' remain 'normal', take distance, go on, and hope in a better future, but maybe we shouldn't find so f**king amazing that amongst all those people, some turn crazy and become kinda...reactive.

In general a cause leads to consequences.

And people continue to at worst put the blame on the fact that those people are just 'different', at best they put the blame on politics that took bad decision.

Why being nice and having empathy for some societies that haven't been nice and hadn't empathy to you and your preceding generations?

Nobody taking his f**king responsibility...

2 hours of debates on France Inter, very interesting things being said, far more by Belgians than by French, and no one about the responsibility of each people that is part of the society.

So, this, what I can read here, I don't know if anybody cares, but I apparently kinda felt the need to...react.

Apparently several heads of state, at least Hollande, the Sweddish PM immediately reacted like that too, say that this is an attack against Europe, f**k, why nobody wanna respect Belgium as a country!

Even IS say the attack was against 'The Crusader Belgium'.

But Belgium use to be nice anyhow and doesn't take it bad...

F**k, F**k, it's so f**king good, we're all Europeans!

What would the Francophone songs would be without Belgians...

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies