Katie Hill resigning from office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:45:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Katie Hill resigning from office
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: Katie Hill resigning from office  (Read 22850 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 18, 2019, 07:05:40 PM »

It's official: Steve Knight is running again in CA-25:

endorsed
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #401 on: November 18, 2019, 07:21:08 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2019, 07:27:19 PM by gay gay gay bathhouses »

Hill gets triggered by Khanna's endorsement of Uygur

Khanna is such a fraud. He unseated Honda running to his right and now he cozies up with the alt-left crowd.

From what I've heard from people in the community, the Khanna/Honda race in 2016 was less about ideology and more about corruption and ethics. I thought he'd turn rightward (and thought he was running to the right like you did before hearing from friends who had boots on the ground in Khanna's district), but he's proven himself to be progressive enough. I'm glad to be wrong here.

What happened to Peter Daou? He was a lightning rod for Berniecrats due to his unwavering support for Clinton and other establishment Democrats up until early this year, and suddenly he has become a rose twitter hero who doesn't miss a chance to trash his former allies.
Grift is a hell of a drug

I  SUPPORT  PEOPLE  OF  COLOR  UNLESS  THEY  DISAGREE  WITH  MY  POLITICAL  BELIEFS
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #402 on: November 18, 2019, 08:19:19 PM »

What happened to Peter Daou? He was a lightning rod for Berniecrats due to his unwavering support for Clinton and other establishment Democrats up until early this year, and suddenly he has become a rose twitter hero who doesn't miss a chance to trash his former allies.

I  SUPPORT  PEOPLE  OF  COLOR  UNLESS  THEY  DISAGREE  WITH  MY  POLITICAL  BELIEFS

Daou isn't running for office, AFAIK.
And his turnaround is just bizarre. Today he was attacking Pelosi and House Democrats because they hold impeachment hearings instead of impeaching Trump right now because "we have seen enough and already know Trump is guilty".
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #403 on: November 18, 2019, 08:46:14 PM »

Daou isn't running for office, AFAIK.
And his turnaround is just bizarre. Today he was attacking Pelosi and House Democrats because they hold impeachment hearings instead of impeaching Trump right now because "we have seen enough and already know Trump is guilty".

Peter Daou has always been fairly far-left and has a history of fighting for progressive causes. He lost faith in the establishment due to the constant triangulation seen in the past 25 years. The guy genuinely believes in the far-left causes - he just happens to be very loyal to the Clintons (notice how his criticisms of the Clintons/other people he's worked with have been much less fervent than his attacks on Pelosi).

Daou previously explored a primary run against Nadler, actually, but is now apparently an advisor to another challenger's campaign.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #404 on: November 18, 2019, 09:18:33 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2019, 09:26:38 PM by Nyvin »

It's official: Steve Knight is running again in CA-25:

endorsed

Steve Knight is not a good candidate.   He never was popular in his district and only won originally in 2014 a quirky top two race that ended up being RvR

I honestly think even Cenk Uygur would beat him in a top two runoff.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #405 on: November 19, 2019, 01:57:54 AM »

Peter Daou has always been fairly far-left and has a history of fighting for progressive causes.

So you admit that all the attacks against him by Berniecrats as a corporate sellout and a squishy moderate were a bunch of bull.
Nice.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #406 on: November 19, 2019, 03:02:14 AM »
« Edited: November 19, 2019, 04:11:52 AM by gay gay gay bathhouses »

Peter Daou has always been fairly far-left and has a history of fighting for progressive causes.

So you admit that all the attacks against him by Berniecrats as a corporate sellout and a squishy moderate were a bunch of bull.
Nice.

I'm not familiar enough with his tweets in the 2016 era to decide if the attacks were in defense or unprovoked. I originally thought his switch wasn't genuine because of the whole Verrit thing with one article that said Bernie helped elect Trump, and then I explored his actual background and beliefs. I'm not sure if this is some sort of strange gotcha monent or something else but it's fairly obvious Daou is a good guy.

If you're asking if it's possible to be a progressive without being a Bernie supporter, then yes. He has always believed in a leftist vision (especially wrt foreign policy) - at the time, he just believed that it could be done in the current structures of the Democratic Party.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #407 on: November 19, 2019, 08:30:10 AM »

Ah I see the bro is up to his normal act when someone he likes is called out.  Really dude, this all you can do?  Thought you had more in you, but like always you seem to disappoint.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #408 on: November 19, 2019, 01:31:56 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2019, 01:35:22 PM by gay gay gay bathhouses »

Ah I see the bro is up to his normal act when someone he likes is called out.  Really dude, this all you can do?  Thought you had more in you, but like always you seem to disappoint.

Nah. I just think it's funny that you've actually called it racist yourself to assume a POC is grifting, but gladly accused a POC who's to your left of faking his "leftward turn" for attention and money. There's the completely unfounded accusation of ignoring "the white candidate doing the same thing", but considering my last take wrt 2020, I've proven that wrong.

Oh right, I forgot. The only marginalized people that get your allyship are the people you support.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies