The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:41:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 65536 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: August 06, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »

Universalism proposals were absolutely awful, that's why it started to die out shortly after the initial fuss over the convention. I'm not exactly thrilled with this newspapers subtle favoritism, but, I suppose we're all human and bring our own biases to reporting. Happy to read the newspaper, at the very least.

What favoritism? I though ilikeverin would slam Purple State to be honest. I will always try to eliminate bias and favoritism, and a watchful eye from the readers is a big help, even more so if I'm elected to the Midwest Governorship.

Well, I'm not sure why so much attention was focused on Universalism, it seemed rather out of place. And of course, this newspaper is always kind to Purple State.

Why don't you start your own newspaper if you don't like the Atlasian Sentinel or the National Weekly Atlasian? I would offer to hire you, but you go out of your way to be hostile toward me and others.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:45:51 AM »

Hamilton might win by virtue of useless drones who will fade into irrelevancy until the next time they're needed.

Isn't that how the JCP wins elections?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 12:11:49 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
Duke Enters the At-Large Senate Race
By Vepres

Former Dirty South Governor AHDuke has entered the at-large Senate election as a write-in candidate. He is the third RPP member to enter the race, a risky move because the party managed only to win one seat in the last regular at-large election. Interestingly, he seems to have more support from DA and JCP voters than either SPC or RowanBrandon.

It appears the RPP is trying to pull of three seats, much like the DA did in April 2009. In that election, Purple State and afleitch both narrowly defeated SDP candidate Lief. If the RPP could pull off the same feat, they would have five seats, just one shy of a majority. However, the odds are slim that this will happen, despite the recent recruitment the RPP has conducted.

Duke may prove to be a formidable candidate, as he is more moderate than SPC and RowanBrandon.

Actually we would have six seats if Duke won, our first majority ever.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
Duke Enters the At-Large Senate Race
By Vepres

Former Dirty South Governor AHDuke has entered the at-large Senate election as a write-in candidate. He is the third RPP member to enter the race, a risky move because the party managed only to win one seat in the last regular at-large election. Interestingly, he seems to have more support from DA and JCP voters than either SPC or RowanBrandon.

It appears the RPP is trying to pull of three seats, much like the DA did in April 2009. In that election, Purple State and afleitch both narrowly defeated SDP candidate Lief. If the RPP could pull off the same feat, they would have five seats, just one shy of a majority. However, the odds are slim that this will happen, despite the recent recruitment the RPP has conducted.

Duke may prove to be a formidable candidate, as he is more moderate than SPC and RowanBrandon.

Actually we would have six seats if Duke won, our first majority ever.

Right. Fixed.

By the way, if we achieve a majority, do we select a majority leader? And will there be a minority leader among the JCP and DA? That would be interesting to say the least.

I suspect that the closest thing to a majority leader would be PPT Masterjedi.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »

I hope that our current PPT gets to keep his job even if the left comes out on top in this election. MasterJedi has done a good job as Senate leader if you ask me.

The RPP is guarenteed to gain at least one seat in this election, so I doubt MasterJedi could possibly be hurt.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »

Looks like four people in the JCP gave their first preference to candidates of other parties. Can the DA or RPP say that?

Yeah, some "Zombie-Drone" Party.

Yeah, that couldn't have easily been a strategic decision to ensure my defeat. Roll Eyes
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »

The DA really thinks it can win without a coalition? LOL
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 10:29:48 PM »

The DA really thinks it can win without a coalition? LOL

What's your point again? We should whore ourselves to another party to increase our chances of winning?

It certainly makes more sense than whoring yourselves to another party to decrease your chances of winning.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 10:36:15 PM »

Just out of curiosity, would you consider HappyWarrior to have been a whore in the last election because he ran with PiT? If not, then why would it be whorish to run with him in this election, considering that it is once again the same two major candidates?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies