Cuomo VS Jeb (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:00:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Cuomo VS Jeb (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuomo VS Jeb  (Read 1750 times)
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« on: May 12, 2013, 12:38:42 PM »

Jeb can't win a general election.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »

Anyways, if Jeb Bush had a different name, he'd be up there with Christie as a candidate.

He's only a candidate because of his name.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2013, 09:19:32 AM by BluegrassBlueVote »

Anyways, if Jeb Bush had a different name, he'd be up there with Christie as a candidate.

He's only a candidate because of his name.

What? He's the most popular living former Florida Governor and is still seen within the state as the Republican party's intellectual leader. Elsewhere his reputation may be based on his name, but in his home state he's got a lot of goodwill left over, especially among state Republicans. Being popular and experienced in the largest swing state would put anyone on the map as a top candidate.

He's only a former governor of Florida because of his name.

My point is that you can't say "oh, if Jeb wasn't a Bush then he'd be a great candidate" when his entire career was possible based off of him being a president's son. So is his future fundraising capabilities.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »

Right, but Mario doesn't make his son a non-starter candidate to many Americans. Nothing negative would come of it.

Jeb is only Jeb because of his last name and Cuomo is only Cuomo because of Mario. But Jeb is screwed (and from everything we know, I seriously doubt he even runs).
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:12:55 AM »

The 2016 election will be entirely decided by the VP selection. 
I know it sounds silly, but it will be true especially if the presidential nominee is a WASP or Irish Catholic. 

The GOP will likely nominate Rubio, Cruz or Sandoval as the VP and that will bring in lots of Hispanic voters. 

I think Jeb has an edge if his Wife gets out the Hispanic vote for him in swing states like Ohio and Colorado. 

1. Sandoval can't be on a national ticket. He's pro-choice.

2. Jeb's wife hates the spotlight and is thought to have pulled the plug on his 2012 ambitions.

3. Jeb loses in a blowout. He's a Bush in the 2010s.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 11:11:26 PM »

The 2016 election will be entirely decided by the VP selection. 
I know it sounds silly, but it will be true especially if the presidential nominee is a WASP or Irish Catholic. 

The GOP will likely nominate Rubio, Cruz or Sandoval as the VP and that will bring in lots of Hispanic voters. 

I think Jeb has an edge if his Wife gets out the Hispanic vote for him in swing states like Ohio and Colorado. 

1. Sandoval can't be on a national ticket. He's pro-choice.

2. Jeb's wife hates the spotlight and is thought to have pulled the plug on his 2012 ambitions.

3. Jeb loses in a blowout. He's a Bush in the 2010s.

No one cares about the VP's issues, just as long as they are fairly competent and well-spoken.  Dick Cheney has a gay daughter and supports gay marriage and the religious right didn't care.  They want to win the election and for that to happen, the GOP need a hispanic as VP, so Sandoval will get a pass on abortion, just as long as he never talks about it.

No, not at all. Abortion is a non-starter. Cheney having a gay daughter is the reason why he got a free pass on it, and by that point he was already Veep.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies