Not to sway the vote or anything, but...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:48:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Not to sway the vote or anything, but...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not to sway the vote or anything, but...  (Read 523 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2006, 02:12:12 PM »

I'd rather we elect a dictator for life backed up with a powerful Congress who appoints the Judiciary and has veto powers over the dictator with a 3/5ths majority.

So you can vote for the guy calling for a dictatorship...or you can vote for me. Normally I would come up with a quip here, but there is nothing funny about this election. That being said...

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 02:59:54 PM »

Yeah, it won't happen so it's useless to bring other stuff in from outside of fantasy politics to try and slander your opponant.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 03:01:38 PM »

Cheesy

If you were in the Midwest I'd vote for you.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 03:10:12 PM »

Yeah, it won't happen so it's useless to bring other stuff in from outside of fantasy politics to try and slander your opponant.

The definition of Slander:  Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

I said nothing false, I simply quoted my opponent on a post he made about election terms. Also, because this is fantasy politics - this means that any posts out side of this section of the website have no validity?
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 03:25:09 PM »

The definition of Slander:  Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

I said nothing false, I simply quoted my opponent on a post he made about election terms. Also, because this is fantasy politics - this means that any posts out side of this section of the website have no validity?

No, you are misinterpreting Master Jedi.

MJ definition of Slander: Anything that is against Master Jedi and his ideas.

You'll notice that he tends to be intolerant of disagreement, especially on issues he is passionate about (note the legislation he plans to introduce to bar citizens from lobbying senators during vote-the crucial moment to win support).
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 04:15:26 PM »

I'll just disregard jeruselam's attack. My definition of slander here: Using statements that come from areas outside of fantasy politics that have no meaning here that don't take into account his former Senate service.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 04:22:30 PM »

(note the legislation he plans to introduce to bar citizens from lobbying senators during vote-the crucial moment to win support).

Lobby your point when you'd be allowed to then. If you make it once and they don't agree with you I doubt they'll change just because you're doing it when the vote is going on.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 04:39:10 PM »

This type of stuff is the reason why Jake is a legit contender to getting my vote this election.  Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »

Could you calm down please? All of you?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 06:14:42 PM »

I'm actually very calm, and kinda laughing/smiling, just like the smily after this sentence. Smiley  I was just saying why it was a bad idea. Smiley
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 08:11:06 PM »

I'd rather we elect a dictator for life backed up with a powerful Congress who appoints the Judiciary and has veto powers over the dictator with a 3/5ths majority.

So you can vote for the guy calling for a dictatorship...or you can vote for me. Normally I would come up with a quip here, but there is nothing funny about this election. That being said...

Dood they alway do.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 09:40:39 PM »

That picture's exactly what I think when I see any one of your posts.

And we've gone through this before, I strongly doubt that it will influence any votes.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »

That picture's exactly what I think when I see any one of your posts.

And we've gone through this before, I strongly doubt that it will influence any votes.

No, but it probably should.  I mean, look at the quote on your sig about a black woman.  THAT should be enough to influence the votes of all non-bigoted voters, anyway.  Just saying you don't like someone is good enough; calling someone a N-word is pretty low.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies