Does preferring to have cis gendered partners make you a bigot?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:16:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Does preferring to have cis gendered partners make you a bigot?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Does preferring to have cis gendered partners make you a bigot?  (Read 815 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2022, 10:28:27 PM »

At least it was better than Tenet.
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2022, 11:47:53 AM »

Not inherently, but the online debatebros who choose to harp on these questions and other niche trans issues and hypotheticals (that they only asked as a means to trap the Trans Menace into saying something stupid) are usually bigots. If you wanna be a bigot, I'd rather you be open with it instead of hiding behind the facade of "just asking questions."
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2022, 12:30:58 PM »

Heath Ledger did society a great disservice by having such a memorable performance.

Like Tyler Durden and Patrick Bateman, he will serve as an idol for edgy teens for years to come.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2022, 01:51:23 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2022, 01:54:56 PM by DT »

No, of course not.  

Atlas in this thread is expectedly oblivious to the fact that one of the primary reasons most people want to form sexual relationships is to have children.  A cis woman cannot naturally reproduce with a trans man, etc.

I do have two, very conservative cis male friends who are both in serious relationships with trans women.  One identifies as bi and the other as straight, but the one who is straight has only ever dated trans women since college.  Does this make him part of the LGBT community?     
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2022, 10:37:19 PM »

Ugh the warriors won another chip
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2022, 03:03:06 AM »

No. On the flip side, being attracted to a trans woman does not make you gay/bi either (and yes I've had this very obviously transphobic argument presented to me)

No, of course not.  

Atlas in this thread is expectedly oblivious to the fact that one of the primary reasons most people want to form sexual relationships is to have children.  A cis woman cannot naturally reproduce with a trans man, etc.

I do have two, very conservative cis male friends who are both in serious relationships with trans women.  One identifies as bi and the other as straight, but the one who is straight has only ever dated trans women since college.  Does this make him part of the LGBT community?     

The counterpoint to your point though would be that not every cis woman can have kids either. Sterile women do exist, probably in bigger numbers than trans women.

While yout argument could certainly apply to a long term relationship, I don't think it applies to a one night stand of some sort.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2022, 08:16:29 AM »

The exchange between Morgan Freeman and that blackmail guy is fine; it added some much needed levity to a very long and depressing film. He was obviously talking about Bruce Wayne so the film didn't need to spell it out. That's the type of "plot hole" only Cinema Sins would care about. The real problematic contrivances and inconsistencies stem mostly from the Harvey Dent character, and then they get really out of control in the third film once Bane shows up and takes over the city. I don't remember anything about Batman Begins so I can't really complain about that one.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2022, 09:11:34 AM »

The exchange between Morgan Freeman and that blackmail guy is fine; it added some much needed levity to a very long and depressing film. He was obviously talking about Bruce Wayne so the film didn't need to spell it out. That's the type of "plot hole" only Cinema Sins would care about. The real problematic contrivances and inconsistencies stem mostly from the Harvey Dent character, and then they get really out of control in the third film once Bane shows up and takes over the city. I don't remember anything about Batman Begins so I can't really complain about that one.

Why would that have been obvious? All he accused Wayne Enterprises of was building tech for Batman. Why would that accusation entail the conclusion that Batman was the owner of the company?
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2022, 09:22:48 AM »

Why would that have been obvious? All he accused Wayne Enterprises of was building tech for Batman. Why would that accusation entail the conclusion that Batman was the owner of the company?
The implications are obvious, Wayne Enterprises would use non-legal means to shut him up.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2022, 09:59:23 AM »

The implications are obvious

No, they aren't. This would be like if I accused Amazon of secretly funding al-Qaeda, and an Amazon executive said "Huh? Why do you think Jeff Bezos is secretly Osama bin Laden in disguise???" The logical answer to that would be "Well, I didn't think that... but I do now."
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2022, 10:08:16 AM »

He was asking for more money than anyone but Bruce Wayne could pay I believe. In the context of the movie, it seemed obvious. I haven't seen it in a decade.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2022, 12:08:36 PM »

No. On the flip side, being attracted to a trans woman does not make you gay/bi either (and yes I've had this very obviously transphobic argument presented to me)

A cis man who dates or has sex with trans women isn't gay/bi...but he's LGBT adjacent enough to be counted in the "+" that is LGBT+, perhaps?  There was some article on this question several months ago that Alben Barkley got super offended by, IIRC

No, of course not. 

Atlas in this thread is expectedly oblivious to the fact that one of the primary reasons most people want to form sexual relationships is to have children.  A cis woman cannot naturally reproduce with a trans man, etc.

The counterpoint to your point though would be that not every cis woman can have kids either. Sterile women do exist, probably in bigger numbers than trans women.

While yout argument could certainly apply to a long term relationship, I don't think it applies to a one night stand of some sort.

What point are you even trying to make about sterile women?  I think there are probably a lot of men who wouldn't want to date/marry a sterile cis woman, does that make them misogynists? 

As for your point about one-night stands, I'm not sure what you're advancing but how could that not also apply to cis men/women?  As in, if it's transphobic to refuse a one-night stand with a trans women is it homophobic for a cis man to refuse one with another cis man?  After all, it's nothing serious amirite?  lmao 
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2022, 02:51:06 PM »

I just love how only 2 of the first 10 responses discuss the OP's question and the rest are about movies and actors/actresses.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2022, 07:04:52 PM »

Heath Ledger did society a great disservice by having such a memorable performance.

Like Tyler Durden and Patrick Bateman, he will serve as an idol for edgy teens for years to come.

Beyond the edgeboi crowd, which could have found another idol, because of him, we've been doomed to yearly (I exaggerate) Joker rehashes for over a decade. Can you imagine that with any other comic book villain?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies