CDC: Abortion Rates in U.S. Hits Historic Low
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:52:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CDC: Abortion Rates in U.S. Hits Historic Low
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: CDC: Abortion Rates in U.S. Hits Historic Low  (Read 2384 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 07:46:52 PM »

We will take care of them.  Private charity will do most of it, but I'd be willing to pay more money in tax dollars if its necessary.  Or, better yet, the government could come up with the money by cutting Planned Parenthood funding and part of the defense and foreign aid budgets.

Are you willing to make the case that, right now, private charities, foster care, etc. are adequately addressing the needs of poor or impoverished children? Or more generally for all children? Many people would not; it's not a good argument that we could take care of more children in need if we aren't doing a good job of fixing child poverty and other related issues right now.

Also, a pitifully small amount (in the neighborhood of 3%) of funding to Planned Parenthood goes to abortion services. They provide other services for women, such as disease testing, family planning, and birth control services. If you want to suggest a hypothetical where there are more children in need of support, you would want to increase Planned Parenthood's funding, not decrease it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think this is correct.

I don't think we will ever be able to care for all the impoverished children.  But as a society what we can do to help is to encourage men to only have sex with one woman, and to stay with her to help raise children.  There needs to be a change in society, and I hope that one day the consequences of the sexual revolution can be reversed.  That will help more than charity or government programs.  As for Planned Parenthood, they are an organization that has murdered millions and are staunch advocates of legal murder, they should receive no funding.

Regardless, a fetus is alive, it is the same being that it will be if it lives to be a 90 year old.  It contains the genetic information of the mother and the father.  How can ending its life not be murder?  This isn't part of a political game, I'm increasingly disillusioned with the GOP and I have no love for Trump.  Ending abortion would severely damage the Republican Party as it would lose a wedge issue and the babies saved from abortion would probably be future Democrats (in fact, I've seen people use this as an argument for abortion).
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 08:55:43 AM »

Regardless, a fetus is alive, it is the same being that it will be if it lives to be a 90 year old

Debatable. Almost none of the particles that make up a fetus are still there even a few years later much less at age 90.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2017, 10:47:32 AM »

Regardless, a fetus is alive, it is the same being that it will be if it lives to be a 90 year old

Debatable. Almost none of the particles that make up a fetus are still there even a few years later much less at age 90.

Also, "life" doesn't begin for everyone at conception.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2017, 02:56:35 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2017, 03:00:59 PM by Solid4096 »

Embryos/Fetuses are not living things.  Therefore, to destroy one is not murder.

It is a fundamental human right to have the option to divest oneself from parental rights & responsibilities if one decides they do not wish to have children during pregnancy.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 03:23:10 PM »

Embryos/Fetuses are not living things.

Well that's entirely false. We can debate whether they're human, a person, etc. But they're very clearly alive.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies