Taliban vs. USSR (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:54:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Taliban vs. USSR (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: During the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, which side would you support?
Taliban R

USSR R

Taliban D

USSR D

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Taliban vs. USSR  (Read 5026 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« on: April 04, 2005, 10:36:04 PM »

No surprise that someone with three Communist revolutionary leaders in his sig would have had us take a soft approach with the USSR.  I support the guy who has anti-Soviet Pope John Paul II in his sig, thanks.

The poll question, as has been pointed out, is fatally flawed by the fact that one party, the Taliban, did not exist at the time.

I support the Jamiat Faction, by the way, as my answer of who I'd have supported.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 10:01:11 AM »

No surprise that someone with three Communist revolutionary leaders in his sig would have had us take a soft approach with the USSR.  I support the guy who has anti-Soviet Pope John Paul II in his sig, thanks.

It really wouldn't have mattered how hard you banged your drums, they were already faltering.

Does anyone honestly believe the Soviet Union could've lasted through the 90s?

That's just ignorant.  Almost everyone who was alive back then or has studied the period in a serious way, not punkass college kids who wear Che shirts because they think it makes then a "revolutionary" and it gets them hippy pussy, but serious people who know what they're talking about, laugh at this notion.

The US was in a crapper in 1980, the USSR was on the move.  If you really want to go debate who was stronger in 1980, go for it.  There's a reason the 1980 hockey game was burned into the American psyche, and it ain't cause we thought we had the Cold War in the bag.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 02:06:57 PM »

All gods love Republicans, since they identify with our moral and intellectual superiority over our opposition.

What's your sudden hatred of Islam?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies