HockeyDude!: THE HOME STRETCH!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:27:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  HockeyDude!: THE HOME STRETCH!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HockeyDude!: THE HOME STRETCH!!!  (Read 2886 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: October 02, 2014, 10:14:04 PM »

I wish you the best. I know the Navy wasn't working out and you'll be glad to be home, so you'll have that to look forward to. Any plans for once you get back? I know of a great opportunity for unlimited income at a vaccuum cleaning company. Just PM me your Social Security and bank account numbers and I can you all set up.

I've put in some applications at Federal agencies in Philadelphia, since...

1. I'd like to continue serving my country, albeit in a capacity suited for me.
2. I received a discharge under honorable conditions, giving me preference in applying, and with several references.
3. They do federal student loan forgiveness, like the military.
4. I have a chance to land a job at the GS-7 pay grade (45-50K to start) as I have some graduate school finished. 

However!  Now is not the time.  This thread is here to chronicle my journey across the continent.  I look forward to posting lots of pictures and commentary. 

GS-7 step one is only $41,797 in Philly. New and younger hires really only start at step ones.  With you completing college and some grad school you should aim for some higher grades. Just be aware that  the federal hire process is a cluster f* overall. Be prepared to wait...You'd probably want to get something in the interim if you need cash.

Have fun on your road trip.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies