HockeyDude!: THE HOME STRETCH!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:20:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  HockeyDude!: THE HOME STRETCH!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HockeyDude!: THE HOME STRETCH!!!  (Read 2873 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 03, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »

Probably tastes better than the sandwich!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 02:28:33 AM »

On the topic of Kansas (and Nebraska too), I have to say that the tourism people out there are extremely resourceful, despite having almost nothing to work with. Lots of people pass through, and Kansans, trying to get people to stop and drop a few dollars have thought of a million kitchy tourist things for people do along the way. Come see the world's largest ball of twine. Seriously. http://www.kansastravel.org/balloftwine.htm
When I was a wee lad, we stopped off at something advertising THE WORLD'S LARGEST PRAIRIE DOG!  It was a 15' tall wooden.....thing.  They also had large boxes full of rattlesnakes and wire cages with raccoon in them and several "freak" farm animals (goats with two heads, cows with 6 legs...ya know, the kind of thing you get if you inbreed your livestock for several generations).  Oh and an American Bison (I refuse to call them buffalo since they aint) nearly crushed my sister.  It was all very depressing....even to an 8 year old that should have been impressed with such things.

...and Googling shows me it still exists and is still depressing.  link
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies