Canada Scraps Plan to Decriminalize Marijuana (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:58:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada Scraps Plan to Decriminalize Marijuana (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada Scraps Plan to Decriminalize Marijuana  (Read 1859 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: April 04, 2006, 01:28:49 AM »

Bah.

The argument is ludicrous that it will somehow make everyone in the country become a deadbeat stoner if you simply decriminalize pot.

Explain BC then?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 04:01:16 PM »

Bah.

The argument is ludicrous that it will somehow make everyone in the country become a deadbeat stoner if you simply decriminalize pot.

Explain BC then?

Explain in terms of what?  If you're using it as an example for how criminalizing marijuana doesn't make it drop off the face of the planet, and for how, in fact, criminalizing marijuana just gives those in the black market lots of business, then yes, I agree, BC is a good example.

I would not agree it's a good example of an entire populace becoming deadbeat stoners due to easy access to pot, because the large majority of people I know are not deadbeat stoners, and quite frankly, the minority of people I do know who are deadbeat stoners would still be deadbeat stoners if the punishment for smoking pot was greater.

Geesh, it was a joke.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 08:08:16 AM »

THe govenrment regulating what people do with their own bodies is opression.
hahah . . . that's nothin'!

Yep, that's nothing compared to the rest of the awful stuff they do. I mean, they FORCE you to wear a seatbelt, that's oppression at the basic level.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »

THe govenrment regulating what people do with their own bodies is opression.
hahah . . . that's nothin'!

Yep, that's nothing compared to the rest of the awful stuff they do. I mean, they FORCE you to wear a seatbelt, that's oppression at the basic level.

You know what I meant. I'm talking about laws that force christian "morality" on those of us who aren't Christians. I'm talking about criminalization of marijuana, attempts to illegalize the morning after pill, public intoxication laws, excise taxes on booze, bans on prostitution and the existence of the FCC's censorship to name a few.

I bolded the parts I agree with for the record.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies