Graham & DeWine, members of Gang of 14, issue warning to Dems!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:34:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Graham & DeWine, members of Gang of 14, issue warning to Dems!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Graham & DeWine, members of Gang of 14, issue warning to Dems!!!  (Read 2180 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 31, 2005, 10:09:24 AM »
« edited: October 31, 2005, 09:29:41 PM by jmfcst »

from article

...Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, fired back Sunday, saying that if the Democrats staged a filibuster against Judge Alito or Judge Luttig because of their conservatism, "the filibuster will not stand."

Article
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 12:16:34 PM »

Graham's comment is very important...I'm shocked no one on this forum is responding to it.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 08:29:17 PM »

from confirmthem.com

DeWine’s on Board! Comments (71)October 31, 2005 at 6:31 pm. By Carol --> About Analysis & Predictions, AlitoJust heard Sen. Mike DeWine (R-OH) — of the Gang of 14 and the Judiciary Committee — on the Hugh Hewitt Show, where he enthusiastically endorsed Alito’s nomination.

Even more significantly, he stated that he would, indeed, invoke the constitutional option should the Democrats try to filibuster Alito. This is quite a scoop — read the entire transcript at Radioblogger.

Given that Lindsay Graham — also of the Gang of 14 and the Judiciary Committee — has pledged that he, too, would vote for the constitutional option, only one more member of the Gang needs to come forward in order to demonstrate conclusively that Democratic efforts to filibuster this nomination would be futile.

Paging Senator McCain
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 09:00:22 PM »

Seriously, somebody sort that opening post out so that I can actually read people's comments.

Ok, I made it more clear that the quote was coming from the article.  You'll have to read the article to fully understand the quote.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 09:30:36 PM »

You need to change the link so the page is not broken.  Or Dave can do it or the local mod.  Put it in [url =Link Address]Name of Link[/url ]

Ok, now see if it works
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies