Former Virginia Senator Jim Webb launches exploratory committee!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:30:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Former Virginia Senator Jim Webb launches exploratory committee!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Former Virginia Senator Jim Webb launches exploratory committee!  (Read 5809 times)
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2014, 11:45:49 PM »
« edited: November 26, 2014, 11:54:52 PM by Anonymouse »

Even though I would like this to ocme to pass, I am a Republican would likely remain such unless something extremely crazy were to happen, even if the Democrats went this route.

So you like and respect Webb, although you will not necessarily vote for him? Smiley

Look, man, I am also a product of the white working class. "White trash," if you want to be less charitable, and I'm not one of these sheltered upper-middle-class white kids telling others how the world works because they're taking sociology courses and OMG #MindBLOWN. All I'm saying is, Webb speaks to me in a way I'e seen very few prominent politicians do.

EDIT: and , I agree, "white working-class" needs to stop being code for "racist homophobe who's kinda dumb." This gets old.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2014, 07:29:38 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2014, 07:38:09 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Even though I would like this to ocme to pass, I am a Republican would likely remain such unless something extremely crazy were to happen, even if the Democrats went this route.

So you like and respect Webb, although you will not necessarily vote for him? Smiley

Look, man, I am also a product of the white working class. "White trash," if you want to be less charitable, and I'm not one of these sheltered upper-middle-class white kids telling others how the world works because they're taking sociology courses and OMG #MindBLOWN. All I'm saying is, Webb speaks to me in a way I'e seen very few prominent politicians do.

EDIT: and , I agree, "white working-class" needs to stop being code for "racist homophobe who's kinda dumb." This gets old.

I have issues with some of Webb's statements actually both on secession and a few other matters. I am still a Pennsylvanian at heart and that kind of Southernist call back makes me sick. I didn't like it about Allen and was kind of glad when Allen was knocked out of contention in 2008 by losing to Webb, yet Webb as basically a 1980's Republican from VA and is not much better on that front.

I would vote Webb over Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz possibly, like I said something crazy happening and nominating another Bush would be crazy. I would have voted for Hagan over Tillis if she had shown some true independence on a key issue or two.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »

Webb's proto-campaign is being helped by Chuck Todd's wife:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/12/chuck-todds-wife-aiding-jim-webb-199431.html?hp=r3_3

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This will make any Meet The Press 2016 interviews rather awkward.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies