College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:03:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread  (Read 54597 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 09, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »

WTF?

There's nothing wrong with Berkeley. It's one of the best universities in the country and if I was of a wealthier background would've loved attending its excellent Sociology program. Some of its student body protested, a few violently, so people all start hating on the university and its students? The problem is Milo attempting to spread his noxious hate and dehumanization of others, including revealing the identities of undocumented students that could lead to their harassment. Instead, people target the university as if it's the problem. Incredible.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:17:09 PM »

Why should people whose presence in the U.S. is illegal be allowed to study at a university that receives government funding?

Ideological insanity. Marx was wrong on many things, but he was spot on that ideology can make people act in strange ways.

Or perhaps it's because we don't believe that, simply because someone lacks proper documentation, they should be denied access to a university education. Most people in these circumstances are the children of undocumented immigrants who brought them to America as underage children, which is hardly their fault. Even if they come to America "illegally," I hardly see that as a reason to treat them as less deserving than someone who had the random chance of being born in America.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 10:35:19 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2017, 10:50:11 PM by Jacobin American »

The only safe space 99% of students care about is a safe space to have sex without roommates catching them. Conservatives who whine more about SJWs on tumblr than the environment being destroyed are a joke.
Wrong

I left the left because I was on the wrong end of the SJW cohort in university.  Being pro-choice while accepting life begins at conception made me a "sexist, misogynist" in their eyes.  Also, dare not to try to explain why because then you are exhibiting the "micro aggression of male privilege".

The SJW cohort is real and larger than everyone would want to believe.  

Get laid my man.

In case you were feeling left out, my guy...

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 08:43:29 AM »

What is the correct language to use in this case, I know the SJWs like it very specific.  Looks like I forgot the trigger warning to keep you all protected in your safe space from the microaggression of the patriarchy privilege.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies