Tea Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 09:27:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Tea Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tea Party  (Read 5072 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: May 08, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »

Well if someone deviates from 'conservatism' then how are they 'ultraconservative'? That is assuming some sort of coherent definition. You're still not making any sense. If you had said 'neo-conservative' or 'christian conservative' then I would agree with your point, but you didn't.

I think I said these people had no credibility as fiscal conservatives, not that they were fiscal liberals. It's not like these people actually support fiscally liberal policies; they just oppose spending cuts to their myriad pet projects, which in practical terms comes out to be largely equivalent to fiscal liberalism.

Which.. is not fiscally conservative and hence fiscally liberal, because they support more government spending. Again, doesn't make sense. This is like if someone posted that some church was very fundamentalist, but had no credibility because they believed in evolution and were universalist. It's incoherent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies