Marco Rubio stands by calling Trump a 'con artist,' still supports him
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:22:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Marco Rubio stands by calling Trump a 'con artist,' still supports him
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marco Rubio stands by calling Trump a 'con artist,' still supports him  (Read 519 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »

(CNN)Florida Sen. Marco Rubio is standing by his description of Donald Trump as "a con artist," but he says in a new interview he still plans to support the real estate mogul for president.

"I've stood by everything I ever said in my campaign," Rubio told the Miami Herald editorial board Monday when asked about his comments made during the Republican presidential primary earlier this year.

He said the race is "in a different place now" -- with voters facing a "binary choice" between Trump and Hillary Clinton.

"In our republic, while the presidency is powerful, there is a balance of power in this country, and a significant amount of it resides in the United States Senate," Rubio said. "It's one of the reasons why I seek to run again."

Rubio previously told CNN earlier this year that he apologized to Trump for one of his comments: About the size of Trump's hands.

"I apologized to him for that," Rubio told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union." "I said, 'You know, I'm sorry that I said that. It's not who I am and I shouldn't have done it.'"

ABC reported Tuesday that Rubio -- who has not appeared on the campaign trail with Trump -- will stump with Trump's running mate Mike Pence in Florida. CNN has reached out to the Rubio campaign for comment.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/16/politics/marco-rubio-donald-trump-con-artist-support/index.html
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 10:57:45 AM »

Hopefully enough swing voters can realize that Rubio is the con artist here.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 09:39:14 PM »

Putting up campaign talking points as a thread really has no point here, even if it is true.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 02:10:44 AM »

Are you going to start a thread like this for every Republican now?

Is every Republican going to support Trump?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 02:12:11 AM »

Rubio previously told CNN earlier this year that he apologized to Trump for one of his comments: About the size of Trump's hands.

"I apologized to him for that," Rubio told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union." "I said, 'You know, I'm sorry that I said that. It's not who I am and I shouldn't have done it.'"

lmao
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 02:23:42 AM »

It is hard for most on the left to understand the point, but for a lot of Republicans the race is indeed just that (a binary choice) and abandoning Trump is by default conceding the race to Clinton. Obviously, Clinton supporters will mock that stance, because they cannot fathom anyone viewing Clinton as "equally bad". But the simple fact of the matter is, most Republicans will always view her as worse, far worse. This is especially the case as Trump becomes less likely to win, because for however bad Trump would have been, he would be the devil we never got to see in power, whilst Clinton will be the devil in power.

That is why Republicans calculating their future for 2020 and taking the Ted Cruz approach, are destroying themselves.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 11:50:02 PM »

It is hard for most on the left to understand the point, but for a lot of Republicans the race is indeed just that (a binary choice) and abandoning Trump is by default conceding the race to Clinton. Obviously, Clinton supporters will mock that stance, because they cannot fathom anyone viewing Clinton as "equally bad". But the simple fact of the matter is, most Republicans will always view her as worse, far worse. This is especially the case as Trump becomes less likely to win, because for however bad Trump would have been, he would be the devil we never got to see in power, whilst Clinton will be the devil in power.

That is why Republicans calculating their future for 2020 and taking the Ted Cruz approach, are destroying themselves.

Trump sucks, and this thread is worthwhile because it highlights what a complete spineless pu$$y Rubio is.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 02:06:54 AM »

Rubio, along with a ton of other Republicans, knows Trump is a disaster but supports him anyway because BUT HILLARY!!!!!!!!11

I guess Rubio did make a pledge...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies