Kid Rock (Not) Running for Michigan Senate Seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:01:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kid Rock (Not) Running for Michigan Senate Seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kid Rock (Not) Running for Michigan Senate Seat  (Read 17991 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: July 12, 2017, 06:18:28 PM »

Kid Rock has made numerous comments along the lines that entertainers should keep their opinions to themselves.

I don't listen to his crappy music, but I understand that he routinely swears and makes other comments that social conservatives might not be happy with.

So, his hypocrisy and his ability to appeal to social conservatives will be two things he has to address.

Of course, most social conservatives voted for Donald Trump, so we have to question whether they really mean what they claim.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 06:35:48 PM »

Kid Rock is well known and well liked in Michigan, calling this safe D is beyond partisan hackery

Obviously it remains to be seen whether he is any good as a public speaker, campaigner, or fundraiser but if he is an adept candidate he can and in fact has a decent chance of winning. If he's not a good candidate he will get crushed, Michigan is much more elastic to message then most states.

I'm sure the Democrats will trot out all the comments Republicans made when Melissa Gilbert ran for a U.S House seat.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 06:40:03 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 06:48:36 PM by Adam T »

John Hall had also held prior elected office.  

I personally have no problem with anybody running for office no matter what their background if they can show their knowledge of the issues and understanding of how the political process works.  John Hall showed that with his awareness of various causes especially on the environment as well as his work in the elected offices he held prior to being elected to Congress.

Kid Rock has to overcome his own prior statements that entertainers should keep their political opinions to themselves.

Beyond that, I don't know much about him, other than he strikes me as the sort of wealthy, out of touch elitist that working class Republicans claim they dislike.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies