Mexican state elections 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:53:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Mexican state elections 2016
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Mexican state elections 2016  (Read 21845 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2016, 05:50:25 PM »

That's not a poll for who you will never vote for, that's a poll for who you think is going to win.

Oops. Graber the wrong picture. There was a poll on who you will never vote for but I got the wrong link
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2016, 06:12:27 PM »

Here is the right link of the poll of who you will never vote for in Oaxaca

It is even worse for PRI

PRI-PVEM-PANAL   47.9
PRD-PAN               22.0
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2016, 05:28:55 AM »

Ispos poll for Sinaloa has PRI ahead and PAS-MC strong but unlike other polls not withing striking distance of winning.

PRI-PVEM-PANAL      36
PAN                          21
PAS-MC                    13
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2016, 05:34:35 AM »

I did some reading on why there is such a surge for MORENA in Veracruz.  It seems that drug crime and corruption has surged last few years and the current PRI governor Javier Duarte seems to be the source of a lot of this to the point that even the PRI has demanded he give a full account of his actions.  This should give PAN-PRD is great chance.  But the PAN-PRD candidate Miguel Angel Yunes has become roiled in illicit-wealth scandals with his son’s name appeared in the Panama Papers.  This seems to give a chance for the MORENA candidate Cuitlahuac Garcia who is a high school teacher that made it into Congress last year on the MORENA ticket.  Unlike the other two parties it seems Garcia is not touched by corruption.  Garcia is also featuring prominently AMLO to help him campaign which will give him a significant floor even if it caps his ceiling.  If MORENA comes in a strong second or even wins it will give a big boast for AMLO as he plans to run for President in 2018.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2016, 08:11:38 PM »

I did some reading on why there is such a surge for MORENA in Veracruz.  It seems that drug crime and corruption has surged last few years and the current PRI governor Javier Duarte seems to be the source of a lot of this to the point that even the PRI has demanded he give a full account of his actions.  This should give PAN-PRD is great chance.  But the PAN-PRD candidate Miguel Angel Yunes has become roiled in illicit-wealth scandals with his son’s name appeared in the Panama Papers.  This seems to give a chance for the MORENA candidate Cuitlahuac Garcia who is a high school teacher that made it into Congress last year on the MORENA ticket.  Unlike the other two parties it seems Garcia is not touched by corruption.  Garcia is also featuring prominently AMLO to help him campaign which will give him a significant floor even if it caps his ceiling.  If MORENA comes in a strong second or even wins it will give a big boast for AMLO as he plans to run for President in 2018.

Veracruz governor has, indeed, had a horrible reputation for a long time. He is accused for going as far as ordering assassinations of local journalists - and, on ocasion, of having them killed even outside the state.

More importantly, though, the state is, fairly diverse. It has long-standing leftist areas (including the state capita. Xalapa), some conservative territory and a large PRIista heartland. Note, further, that AMLO himself is from a neighboring state (Tabasco) and shares both the Caribbean accent and quite a strong cultural affinity with, at least, the southern part of Veracruz.
BundouYMB

« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »

Monreal surges into the lead in Zacatecas in a new poll by Fuerometria:

http://www.fuero.com.mx/fuerometria/12470-david-monreal-avila-candidato-morena-gobierno-zacatecas-encabeza-la-preferencias-gobernador-fuerometria

BundouYMB

« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »

Another poll with Morena ahead in Veracruz, this time from El Universal: http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/articulo/estados/2016/06/1/veracruz-3-en-empate-todo-se-define-el-domingo

BundouYMB

« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2016, 01:54:14 PM »

Quintana Roo poll from Lavin y Asociados:

BundouYMB

« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2016, 01:57:44 PM »

Demotecnia poll has PRI leading in Tamaulipas: http://www.demotecnia.com.mx/dmt/index.php/9-encuestas/99-baltazar-se-despega-en-tamaulipas

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2016, 01:59:18 PM »

What an ugly graph.
BundouYMB

« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2016, 01:59:56 PM »

Lavin y Asociados also has Monreal surging into the lead:

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »

Wow, this election could literally end up with MORENA (2) winning more governor seats than PAN-PRD (1 which is Puebla and that's it)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2016, 04:05:07 PM »

I have to assume from a win/lose threshold point of view, even if PRI manages to win back Oaxaca and Sinaloa, if they lose Veracruz they would have lost this election round given how large Veracruz is.  Of course they have a 1/3 if not better shot a winning there.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2016, 04:59:39 PM »

I am more afraid of narrow losses for Morena. Because they will never accept those.

2 years ago, when the changed the election date to June (from July) people at the then IFE were horrified, in part, because they realized that next time a close election happens schools will be in session.

The strange thing, it all happens completely outside of the attention of people in Mexico City. Even major newspapers have this election well down on the inside pages. When Universidad Veracruzana in Xalapa burns, it will be a shock for everybody around here.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2016, 05:01:13 PM »

What sort of manifestos are the Morena people promising?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2016, 05:22:08 PM »

What sort of manifestos are the Morena people promising?

"Everybody else is either a crook or a swindler. We are the only honest people on the planet. Mexico will be renewed," etc. The funny thing is, Monreals are among the most corrupt Mexican politicians out there (likely serious narco issues, besides everything else).
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2016, 06:55:50 AM »

The strange thing, it all happens completely outside of the attention of people in Mexico City. Even major newspapers have this election well down on the inside pages. When Universidad Veracruzana in Xalapa burns, it will be a shock for everybody around here.

That does sound strange.  I would think people would view this election as a semi-final for the 2018 elections especially for jockeying within the parties.  I have to imagine that for Osorio Chong to stay a viable candidate for PRI in 2018, PRI has to do well in his home state of Hidalgo.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2016, 08:16:07 AM »

That does sound strange.  I would think people would view this election as a semi-final for the 2018 elections especially for jockeying within the parties.  I have to imagine that for Osorio Chong to stay a viable candidate for PRI in 2018, PRI has to do well in his home state of Hidalgo.

PRI will do well in Hidalgo.

I do not think Osorio Chong is viable, frankly, no matter what happens, though.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »

I realized that in Veracruz the PRI candidate, Héctor Yunes Landa, is the cousin of the PAN-PRD candidate Miguel Ángel Yunes.   
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2016, 04:51:09 PM »

I realized that in Veracruz the PRI candidate, Héctor Yunes Landa, is the cousin of the PAN-PRD candidate Miguel Ángel Yunes.   

I mean, Yunes is not a very common last name in Latin America, is it?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2016, 10:15:20 AM »

Off to marginally increase the likely negligible turnout in the CDMX Constituent Assembly elections. One of those cases when so few people will vote, my vote might, actually, matter Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »

Pretty sparce on voting day in CDMX. When me and my wife were there, may be, 2 other people showed up across the two voting desks (about 950 voters between the two). Passing by several times during the day (I live a block away) never saw anybody entering.
BundouYMB

« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2016, 03:53:54 PM »

Does anyone have a link to where we can watch the results come in?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2016, 04:00:56 PM »

It will be different in different states. Basically, the way it works, today we get a preliminary count (PREP), which will be published on websites contracted by state electoral entities (these are now INE-supervised, but still logistically separate). Formal counts on Wednesday.

You have a collection of links, for instance, here

http://www.publimetro.com.mx/elecciones/prep-2016-consulta-aqui-programas-de-resultados-electorales-preliminares/mpfb!jpM6GrtuEzJ6c/
BundouYMB

« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2016, 04:03:45 PM »

It will be different in different states. Basically, the way it works, today we get a preliminary count (PREP), which will be published on websites contracted by state electoral entities (these are now INE-supervised, but still logistically separate). Formal counts on Wednesday.

You have a collection of links, for instance, here

http://www.publimetro.com.mx/elecciones/prep-2016-consulta-aqui-programas-de-resultados-electorales-preliminares/mpfb!jpM6GrtuEzJ6c/

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies