AOC says migrants forced to drink toilet water after tense border visit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:43:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AOC says migrants forced to drink toilet water after tense border visit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AOC says migrants forced to drink toilet water after tense border visit  (Read 7494 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: July 02, 2019, 10:02:20 AM »
« edited: July 02, 2019, 10:07:39 AM by Elliot County Populist »

Tbh sh**tty conditions but I wouldn't be shocked by some lying and exaggerations. I would like in a ideal condition open acceptance of these refugees provided almost all welfare was cut but I doubt Democrats would ever want to cut welfare.

This is a horrible shower? It's not a 5 star hotel but I have been in similar.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:34:54 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2019, 10:53:32 AM by Elliot County Populist »

I'm all for enforcing our immigration laws, and strengthening our Southern border, but this goes so far beyond that. It breaks my heart to think that these people come here for a better life, one with potential and purpose, and this is the treatment they're shown; this is the face of America they see. It doesn't matter anyone's place of origin or immigration status, we're all children of God and deserve to be treated with the dignity that comes from being made in his image. America can't be a moral leader when engaging in this despicable treatment of the weakest in our society...

Look.... here's the bottom line....

Comparing these detention facilities to concentration camps is an insulting lie. What is going is this....

There are a few bad apples who are highlighted by sensational media and conditions are without a doubt bad, but that is just a fraction of the story. The main story is that people are flooding our borders en masse and as a result we do not have all the resources to deal with those kinds of numbers, we get overwhelmed, and conditions go to hell, toss in a few bad apples in law enforcement and this is a recipe for disaster.
And in case after case of massacres and genocides, it’s a few bad apples who are truly evil and then a whole lot of foot soldiers “just following orders”...we used to do social experiments to learn about this but we had to stop because of just how fast and to such a huge extent things got cruel and out of control.

I’m so sick of people claiming the comparison to concentration camps is an insulting lie.  Stop minimizing the present situation by setting the bar at your memory of the movie Schindler’s List.  Do you really think CPB was out showing elected congressmen and women the absolute worst of the worst?

They didn’t want pictures taken for a reason.  And you bet the people who talked will face retribution by the guards.

This is sick.  Stop supporting it.

#closethecamps

Investigate CPB

Fire people freely

Organize an immediate humanitarian response by NON-LAW ENFORCEMENT/NON-MILITARY organizations.  

We already have Trump talking about “taking those people” and “getting rid of it” about homeless people.  I’m sure Republicans are creaming their pants over their next opportunity to hurt people.

If you can get those people better facilities through non law non military services I am all for it. If you can't we don't really have many other options here besides throw them all back to Mexico or wherever (I don't support that), or just let them all into America (can't do that either we need to vet and process and stuff) but we gotta hold them somewhere temporarily, so this will have to do for now.

We are not going out of our way to round people up because they are brown or hispanic or whatever, putting them in concentration camps and then gassing hundreds of thousands of them a year, please stop comparing these camps to concentration camps. I can guarantee you that if these were anything like concentration camps you'd be seeing more than a few dozen mostly natural cause aided by poor sanitary condition deaths over several years.

Yeah I will refuse to call these camps concentration camps considering the people are voluntarily choosing to come here.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 02:10:30 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2019, 03:49:35 PM by Elliot County Populist »

Is ever so telling that conservatives primary defense of this is arguing over semantics whether these camps are concentration camps like Auschwitz as opposed to merely internment camps like we locked Japanese people in the 1940s. Raw disgust is my only reaction here.

Well I wouldn't really say that it's appropriate to call them "concentration camps" given that that's going to make people immediately think of Nazis gassing millions of people despite the literal meaning and you shouldn't just flippantly lump things in with the Holocaust. But I don't really consider that a "defense" and these places are still awful. Not being as bad as the Nazis is a very low bar.

Its not even comparable to British Boer concentration camps even if the conditions were similar because these migrants are idiots that know how sh**tty our administration is against migrants and still choose to come.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 12:41:20 PM »

I suppose I don’t expect this to mean anything to Fuzzy, but:

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

What if I dislike the refugee hordes and the hicks?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies