What do you want this game to become? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:47:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What do you want this game to become? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which would you rather see happen in Fantasy Politics?
More Realistic (i.e. more complex like a real Gov't)

More Simple (likely would be more fun and easy to pick up)

Stay the same as it is now.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: What do you want this game to become?  (Read 2601 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: June 19, 2005, 12:22:06 PM »
« edited: June 19, 2005, 12:25:20 PM by Akno21 »

We need to have a better party structure, whether it be with 2 or 4 parties. However, it all boils down to 2 because liberals would inherintly work with populists and conservatives with libertarians because we are still stuck in the American mindset. We really need to go back to 2 parties. You don't have to be in perfect ideological match with your party.

It will naturally go to 2, politics relies on 2. You vote yea or nay. There are two options on a bill. Everything eventually boils down to making a choice between 2 options. We are still a 2 party system, just refusing to admit it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 01:51:06 PM »

We need to have a better party structure, whether it be with 2 or 4 parties. However, it all boils down to 2 because liberals would inherintly work with populists and conservatives with libertarians because we are still stuck in the American mindset. We really need to go back to 2 parties. You don't have to be in perfect ideological match with your party.

It will naturally go to 2, politics relies on 2. You vote yea or nay. There are two options on a bill. Everything eventually boils down to making a choice between 2 options. We are still a 2 party system, just refusing to admit it.
That would be incredibly boring, though.

I disagree. The primaries would be worth something now, and the general elections would be better because you'd be able to weed out bad candidates with a primary, though they could obviously run anyway. We had a 2 party system for the first few months, and while I wasn't here then, I've looked through the threads, and I think that time was anything but boring.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 01:57:10 PM »

We had a 2 party system for the first few months, and while I wasn't here then, I've looked through the threads, and I think that time was anything but boring.
I believe that there was a third party for a little while - the Progressive Party.

I don't think it would be appropriate to mandate a two-party system. If voters wish to privately re-create the Democratic and Republican Parties, that's fine, but it should not be a legal requirement.

I'm not advocating regulating that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies