Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:29:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 317780 times)
BundouYMB

« on: November 26, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »

Most of the nonsense spouted in this thread is completely false. For example, Abrams has the endorsement of several state representatives (Pam Dickerson and Sam Park just off the top of my head.)

Far more importantly, however, Abrams also has the endorsement of the state AFL-CIO, numerous other unions, Emily's List, and NARAL. Those are the kind of endorsements that actually move a substantial number of voters because they have either ground activists (unions) or money (Emily's List and NARAL) to back them up.

Also saying Abrams is "running on her demographics" is utterly ludicrous, because she has far more detailed and serious policy proposals than Evans.
BundouYMB

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 01:49:49 PM »

I admittedly don’t know much about this race and haven’t read a lot of this thread but Dems are blowing heir chances by nominating far left candidates in lean red-purple states. Maybe Abrams is good for Hawaii or something but in Georgia, Evans was the right call.

All things being equal I think the moderate is the better choice but especially in this case

Many of Sherrod Brown's views are as left-wing as Abrams', yet he's been elected statewide four times in the "lean red-purple" state of Ohio.  Oh, and as a note...Ohio is whiter than Georgia, AND Georgia voted to the LEFT of Ohio in 2016.

1. Image matter more than reality. Ohio voters think of Sherrod Brown as a bipartisan moderate, not a flaming liberal. Abrams' image and rhetoric makes her seem much more socially liberal than Sherrod. However, she may turn this around some for the general; she has a long record of bipartisanship to brag about.

2. Black voters are actually less liberal on average than white voters. More Democratic=/=more liberal. Don't confuse the two.

All the said, Abrams is the best candidate who was running and I wish her luck in November! Evans seemed nice but she was running a lazy campaign; to win, we need someone who will actually put in the work and GOTV.

What image and rhetoric? This is the Abrams ad that was ran BY FAR the most ahead of the primary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W81N02yQ2uo

"Daughter of methodist ministers wants to fund education" <- yeah, I'm sure voters got the impression she's a flaming liberal.
BundouYMB

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 12:55:47 PM »

That will not only consolidate but likely intensify after the end of the month (Abrams' will as well). I'm expecting Abrams to be outraised 2:1 in Q3. They're catching up but it's unfortunate they spent so much money early on (and in retrospect, probably also unnecessary).

Do you mean Abrams spending money unnecessarily early on or Cagle and Kemp?

Abrams

I guess hindsight is 20/20 and her team thought the primary would be closer but spending so much early on has been her only real mistake

I don't think it was a mistake because most of it was spent developing their fearsome ground operation, which is still somewhat active after the primary. If it was mostly spent on TV ads it would be wasted, but the ground op development will still be useful in November.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies