Health care poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:26:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Health care poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: In the most general terms, what do you think should be done about health care access and cost problems in the United States?
Nothing should be done, the current system works well.

There should be health insurance reform, correcting bad practices.

Health insurance cooperatives should be created to increase competition.

A government subsidized public insurance option should be created.

The United States should adopt a single-payer system.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Health care poll  (Read 6226 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: July 30, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »

lol, DWTL playing the "I'm an average American" card again.
lol, this is even better than his "I'm a religious" card.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »

Yes, because as we know under Obama success is to be punished.
I never got conservatives beliefs that the left wing believes in punishing success. That is borderline idiotic, the reason why the left believes in taxing the rich is because they can afford a bigger burden of tax dollars and wouldn't be lowered at all from their position in the world. You couldn't afford social programs by having a flat tax system because the social programs would have next to no affect on the working class and poor if their taxes were raised.

Besides I think everyone knows that being rich is not something that is purely based on skill, intelligence and hard work. It isn't even close. Just like how being poor is not something purley based on idiocy, laziness and immorality. I don't get how some people look at money and determine someone's value to society based on that.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:47:10 PM »

Yes, because as we know under Obama success is to be punished.
I never got conservatives beliefs that the left wing believes in punishing success. That is borderline idiotic, the reason why the left believes in taxing the rich is because they can afford a bigger burden of tax dollars and wouldn't be lowered at all from their position in the world. You couldn't afford social programs by having a flat tax system because the social programs would have next to no affect on the working class and poor if their taxes were raised.

Besides I think everyone knows that being rich is not something that is purely based on skill, intelligence and hard work. It isn't even close. Just like how being poor is not something purley based on idiocy, laziness and immorality. I don't get how some people look at money and determine someone's value to society based on that.
The rich can afford a heavier burden so they should be taxed more?  Yes, but not a higher percentage, that is punishing the rich.  You really can't get around it.  That's why a flat percentage tax with a negative tax is the truly the fairest system.  But I digress, we all know this

Being rich and being poor may not be completely based on skills, but it heavily is.  One does not live an entire life in poverty because there was no way out.  There are countless stories (starting with liberals latest hero Sonia Sotomizer) of people who make their way from humble beginnings, hell count President Obama in that bunch.  If you are dirt poor for an extended period of time, it is because you are lazy or moronic.  There is no reason that you cannot obtain at least middle class status for yourself with a little bit of hard work and effort.  Super rich?  No.  Enough to get buy and get your own health care?  Of course, hell, I know people that work as baggers in Shop Rite and have freakin health insurance, its really not that hard to get.
You have got to be the biggest idiot ever to believe in a negative tax system. You think that piece of shit system will get people out of poverty, by creating more poverty? It doesn't even make any sense, if your idea is to punish the poor to make them earn more or get an education. They already are by the fact that they live a less glamorous lifestyle than everyone else, not to mention the fact that they have to pay more for groceries, spend large amounts of time waiting for necessities that are at a much lower quality, are more depressed etc. The rich have no burden on them except being human and having slightly higher taxes. It makes perfect philosophical sense to tax them at a higher percentage than those who have virtually nothing. If you are one of those constitutional libertarians who believes "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" it would make perfect sense to support a progressive tax because studies have shown that once you get below a certain amount of money(I can look it up, if you want), increases in money do result in increases in happiness.

You are an idiot. Being dirt poor does not mean you are a moron and being rich doesn' make you a genius. There are various levels of subjectivity in both definitions of the term anyways. Besides you are using stupid anectdotes. There are thousands of pieces of statistics that show that the percentages of those who are super rich and rich who gain their wealth from inheritance or who's parents are wealthy goes up tremendously during Republican presidencies. The first quartile of scores on SAT's who's parents are poor go to college at rates of 30%, while the bottom quartile of scores on SAT's who's parents are rich go to college at rates of 33%. I think that shows that equal oppurtunity, which the government is supposed to strive for if you don't believe this I can't reason with you, doesn't exist in this country when it comes to going to college. Those baggers probably have medicaid. My family was on medicaid for an extended amount of time or we would have gone broke in the past due to medical costs. I thought liberitarians didn't believe Big Governmint systems counted though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies