Is Kerry for or against the war? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:03:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Is Kerry for or against the war? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Kerry for or against the war?  (Read 3174 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: September 08, 2004, 12:31:14 PM »

I just think Kerry would have handled things very differently from the president preferring a broader coalition of our (i.e. USA and UK) allies

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 11:21:46 AM »
« Edited: September 09, 2004, 12:19:24 PM by TrueBrit »

quote author=CARLHAYDEN link=board=16;threadid=8711;start=15#msg207231 date=1094730250]
I just think Kerry would have handled things very differently from the president preferring a broader coalition of our (i.e. USA and UK) allies

Dave

Changing your ID hasn't improved your posts.

What did Lucy come to her senses and dump you?
You must be logged in to read this quote.

No she hasn't actually!

By the way,  I know a great deal about British politics. Just because the centre-left has become more fiscally responsible than the right, learn to live with it!

Britain is a darn sight better off now than it was under Margaret and America was a darn sight better off under Clinton, both economically and on an international playing field. In all my time in politics, I never heard a bad word said about Clinton. Myself and my father were among the few, who have some good words for Bush. I think the fact that 47% of Brits want a Kerry victory, as opposed to 16% for Bush is testament to that.

Giuliani likening George W. Bush to the great Sir Winston Churchill went down like a load of lead too. Of course, there are American presidents who are comparable with Churchill such as Washington, Lincoln (see I do like Republicans), Wilson and FDR.

Out of 35 countries, only 3 favour Bush: Poland, Nigeria and the Philippines. Why don't you check out the Globescan poll?

You might interpret that as people wanting a weak America. I disagree. Most people I know love America and its people - they just not too keen on your President. Perhaps, non-Americans want a US President who can provide consensual global leadership. Bush had the world at his side on the War on Terror, and rightly so, but blew it on Iraq - an issue on which I actually agree with him and Blair.

Today, even in Britain, the only group which says that the war in Iraq was the right thing to do are Labour voters (by 48% to 40%) of which I'm proud to be one. All other groups have majorities, or larger pluralities, against it. I'm on America's side.

So just because you don't share my opinions, don't scorn mine. I don't scorn yours and I expect reciprocal treatment from you. If I differ, I'll put my case that's all - so don't make it personal.

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies