George Zimmerman rescues family from car wreck: (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:44:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George Zimmerman rescues family from car wreck: (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George Zimmerman rescues family from car wreck:  (Read 5750 times)
Cory
YaBB God

« on: July 22, 2013, 02:46:43 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-emerged-hiding-truck-crash-rescue/story?id=19735432

ABC News:

July 22, 2013

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue a family who was trapped in an overturned vehicle, police said today.

Zimmerman was one of two men who came to the aid of a family of four -- two parents and two children -- trapped inside a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had rolled over after traveling off the highway in Sanford, Fla. at approximately 5:45 p.m. Thursday, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route Route 46, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where Zimmerman shot Martin.

By the time police arrived, two people - including Zimmerman - had already helped the family get out of the overturned car, the sheriff's office said. No one was reported to be injured.

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after speaking with the deputy, police said.

----------------------------------------------------

I guess he's not the devil after all.....
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:03:52 AM »

Honestly I think it's shameful how many of my fellow left-wingers have reacted to this story. Literally everything from people comparing him to Assad's security forces to people desperately trying to "handwave" the entire incident by suggesting it somehow "never even happened". Jesus don't you people have any nuance or perspective about things? You have this notion in your heads that it is somehow physically impossible for George Zimmerman do do anything good ever, or have anything other then sheer malice in his heart.

You should be personally ashamed of yourselves for saying it's okay for death threats to be delivered on Zimmerman's family because Trayvon is dead.

I'm really offended by people having the stupidity and Gaul to compare the violent beating and savaging of Emit Till to this shady grey situation involving someone defending himself. Was it stupid for Zimmerman to follow Trayvon? Yes. But that doesn't change the fact that the law was not broken until Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. Fact. I'm sick of watching MSNBC and hearing my fellow liberals advocate practically making it illegal to defend yourself outside of your home in response to this. Stop acting like it's the 1920's where a black kid can be shot 20 times, hanged, and thrown in the river and the death ruled a suicide.

I heard on NPR the other day this guys who said "nothing has changed". ing seriously? That is the dumbest thing I've heard all week.

I'm personally glad the President and others are shifting the conversation away from the case itself so we can finally have a real conversation about the "soft" unconscious racism in America. But foe heaven's sake can we stop trying to project literally everything bad onto George Zimmerman personally.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:04:36 PM »

Why are you assuming Trayvon attacked him? What does that say about you? What does that say about the case? Doesn't your comment basically prove the point many of us have been making that the justice system is inherently biased against blacks?

For heaven's sake, even the defense attorney conceded this.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:23:18 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 11:26:16 AM by Cory »

Not they Fing weren't. For the love of Christ can you please being stop being a pathetic hack for once god dammit! You are arbitrarily choosing to believe some random "alternative" news site.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 10:28:36 PM »

Well I don't arbitrarily follow black kids around my neighborhood that are "suspicious", or call 911 every time I see someone I don't recognize, so I will never provoke anyone like Zimmerman.

You are trying to dodge. Why are you choosing to believe some random "news" site against the information of several more reliable sources? Because you want to believe this material.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 10:53:39 PM »

And because the entire story was fishy and suspicious to begin with.

Again, conformation bias.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies