Breaking news*** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 09:29:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Breaking news*** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking news***  (Read 11302 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 02, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »

bogus
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 05:56:56 PM »

Forgive me because this is the first time I'm actually reading into this, but what's the craziest possible outcome?  Obama is not a natural-born citizen and Congress amends the Constitution so that he's qualified?

if it is proven obama isn't a natural-born citizen, he is out and Biden is in.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 05:58:17 PM »

either this story is fake or Thomas is off his rocker. I can't imagine four other justices will go along with this.

the story could very well be real, but Thomas is probably just doing this so that the case can be officially labeled as trash
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:58:21 AM »

Of course had McCain won, all the lefties on here saying this is a non-issue would be all over McCain being born in the Panama Canal Zone.

I'm not a leftist. But I voted for Obama. Even if McCain had won, I would be against people making a deal out of McCain being born in the Panama Canal Zone. That's just dumb as this is dumb.

I couldn't vote because I'm not American. I wouldn't have voted for Obama even if I could have voted. But this seriously rubbish! The guy won an election, it wasn't close, he clearly had the support of the nation, it's time to move on and plan on winning the 2010 midterms. Seriously! You don't go trying to bring down governments which clearly have the support of the people just because you don't like the election result, that's how it works in third world nations where the quest to govern is more important than democracy. Democracy supercedes the party system. Give the guy a break! HE WON AN ELECTION!

Well, I also think this suit is trash.  But we are ruled by law, so if Obama is not a natural born citizen, then he must go and Biden must be sworn in.  The election result is only legitimate if it was conducted in accordance with the laws that were in place on election day.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »

Well, I also think this suit is trash.  But we are ruled by law, so if Obama is not a natural born citizen, then he must go and Biden must be sworn in.  The election result is only legitimate if it was conducted in accordance with the laws that were in place on election day.

Well, if the election was illegitimate, shouldn't the whole thing be thrown out and a new one held?  Seems more correct than just naming the VP who won due to an illegitimate black candidate.  Maybe Bush and Cheney should just stick around for a year or so, till a re-run can be arranged..

isn't there some law that basically states "if the president-elect is unable to take office, the vice president-elect will be sworn in"?  or does that only apply to after the Senate has officially voted in the electoral college?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies