PPP: Huckabee slightly ahead in a very close race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:14:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: Huckabee slightly ahead in a very close race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Huckabee slightly ahead in a very close race  (Read 1112 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: March 15, 2011, 02:13:13 PM »

As almost all of us agree, national polling now is fairly useless.  I also think Gingrich's strength in the deceiving because of the reasonable chance Michelle Bachamann runs and runs well in Iowa even if the Foxes are out.  I also think we're going to see a shutdown which I bet will hurt Gingrich via reminder.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »

There's no way it could but I think endorsements are overlooked.  Not that I think Romney won't pick up any Huckabee supporters but it's a good bet if Huckabee doesn't run, he will still use his platform to campaign against Romney.  Seems to me Huckabee would likely endorse and campaign for Barbour.  I suppose if Pawlenty is the closest to Romney in Iowa, he could go that way but my hunch is Barbour.  That doesn't mean most of his own supporters would listen to him but it would have some effect.  I've also speculated if Palin doesn't run she's likely to endorse Bachmann.  Not that she'd like Bachmann to encroach on her turf, but if the momentum is there anyway, she may just try to attach her own name and brand to the Michele movement so as to benefit herself.  But who knows?  If both she and Huckabee endorsed Pawlenty, he'd obviously benefit more than polling different variations could possibly indicate.  They would catalyze the momentum of whichever candidate they touch.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies