CO-PPP: TIED RACE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:41:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO-PPP: TIED RACE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-PPP: TIED RACE  (Read 8796 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: October 30, 2014, 11:52:32 AM »

PPP has a superior history in polling Colorado than Quinnipiac, Suffolk or Rasmussen. 

Look at 2012:  PPP's last poll was Obama +6, he won by 5.4  Rassy and Quinnipiac's last polls had Romney's winning.  I'll take the guys who were off by .6 over the guys who were off by 8% and 6% respectively. 
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »

This thread demonstrates why Atlas is so horrendous in the leadup to an election.
Suffolk shows this as a 6 point lead for Gardner, Quinnipaic shows it as 7, Rasmussen shows it at 6, yet we are to believe only this one. It's unscientific to think that way.

It's not necessarily scientific to just purely average the public polls, particularly in a midterm election where the polling tends to be less reliable.  I'm not going to argue that Udall is favored, but this race should be seen as a complete tossup.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »

This thread demonstrates why Atlas is so horrendous in the leadup to an election.
Suffolk shows this as a 6 point lead for Gardner, Quinnipaic shows it as 7, Rasmussen shows it at 6, yet we are to believe only this one. It's unscientific to think that way.

It's not necessarily scientific to just purely average the public polls, particularly in a midterm election where the polling tends to be less reliable.  I'm not going to argue that Udall is favored, but this race should be seen as a complete tossup.

No, it should not be seen as a tossup. Looking at the last ten polls, Gardner has lead in nine of them. Yes, there have been far bigger upsets than Udall winning here, but he is very clearly the underdog.

That's how I see it.  Something tells me that Udall and Braley both win, but unfortunately the Republicans still take the Senate with 51 seats.  I just trust the shifting demographics of Colorado, the high percentage of young voters and the real trend of polling underestimating Democrats for two straight cycles.  If you think about it, Democrats have quite a win streak in key statewide elections in Colorado going back to 2004.  My gut tells me that trend continues.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies