Britain slides to 7th in world economy league... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:21:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Britain slides to 7th in world economy league... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Britain slides to 7th in world economy league...  (Read 4340 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« on: December 06, 2009, 11:46:13 AM »

Yup. And it won't get better till we abolish the government and allow free enterprise.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »

Yup. And it won't get better till we abolish the government and allow free enterprise.
I agree. Britain would become like the economic superpower of Somalia, with their per capita GDP of $200 and their life expectancy of 47 years.

Somalia's problems are largely due to Islam. If they were all atheists/secular humanists, there wouldn't be this problem.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »

Nothing more need be said.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:32:04 AM »

I agree. Britain would become like the economic superpower of Somalia, with their per capita GDP of $200 and their life expectancy of 47 years.

Somalia's problems are largely due to Islam. If they were all atheists/secular humanists, there wouldn't be this problem.

I'm trying to work out whether posts like these should be attributed to your being sixteen, obtuse or simply intellectually dishonest. Do you really believe that? Do you really believe that 'Nothing more need be said' beyond those ridiculous attempts by Dawkins and his ilk to be inflammatory?

(Apologies for continuing this off-topic discussion)

I'm sixteen yes, but I'm not obtuse or intellectually dishonest. Religion causes all sorts of problems, especially those that encourage decadence and anti-nature, such as Christianity and Islam.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »

I'm trying to work out whether posts like these should be attributed to your being sixteen, obtuse or simply intellectually dishonest. Do you really believe that? Do you really believe that 'Nothing more need be said' beyond those ridiculous attempts by Dawkins and his ilk to be inflammatory?

(Apologies for continuing this off-topic discussion)

I'm sixteen yes, but I'm not obtuse or intellectually dishonest. Religion causes all sorts of problems, especially those that encourage decadence and anti-nature, such as Christianity and Islam.

Firstly, what on earth do you mean by 'anti-nature'? I take it there is some underlying discourse to this that what is natural is inherently good - why is that the case?

Secondly, of course 'religion' can cause problems - so can governments, the free market, businesses, people in general and so on and so forth - but to reduce 'religion' simply to the negatives is certainly to be either intellectually dishonest or else obtuse as is your suggestion that the problems of Somalia are largely due to its population being predominantly Muslim.

'Religion' isn't some monolithic entity that can speak for itself - how can either Christianity or Islam encourage these 'problems' when there are so many differing interpretations of them? I would think the range of doctrinal interpretations that are on show even here should demonstrate that there really isn't a singular interpretation of Christianity and generally those aspects which are universally (or close to universally) agreed upon are those that might be considered good (don't murder, don't steal etc).

1. My meaning by calling it 'anti-nature' was that it encourages abstinence and pity, neither of which I believe are natural human attributes. I have a real problem with the first, considering it basically deprives humanity of it's most basic desire.

2. I don't see many positives in religion, other than it being a comforting myth, which is not really a positive at all: it is utter blindness and suicide of reason. People need to be ready to confront the meaninglessness of the world and the complete subjectivity of values and morals.

3. I believe that the above are encouraged by all brands of Christianity and Islam, with the possible exceptions of some philosophical variants, for example Kierkegaard's Christian existentialism.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 04:52:55 PM »

You Know Winston... you would have made a very good Leninist.

Haha. I share their disgust for dogmatic religion and their socially liberal policies... and that's about it.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 04:00:17 AM »

[/continuation of the off-topic]

Nature created religion.
Rather, religion creates nature.  Each Culture has a unique worldview first encapsulated within its religion that becomes the basis for all observation of and thinking about nature.

Nature created religion. Nature also creates appendixes, but we do fine without those.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies