2013 German Federal Election - Hamburg Metro Maps (by precinct) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:45:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2013 German Federal Election - Hamburg Metro Maps (by precinct) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2013 German Federal Election - Hamburg Metro Maps (by precinct)  (Read 39356 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: December 06, 2013, 09:45:32 AM »

Yeah, commuting to the inner suburbs from either the city itself or the edge of commuterland, in the same direction of course. A pattern I recognize very well, and one very typical of the less well earning type of commuter.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 06:21:59 AM »

Yeah, my father commuted from Frankfurt to the suburbs of Bonn by train for several years. Then his job moved to Berlin and so did he. -_-
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:59:16 AM »

Percentage of the population who are ethnic Germans over 65 is something to check. Also remember that Deutsche mit Migrationshintergrund does include the Russians and Romania Germans and such.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 07:33:50 AM »

Some time ago I read an article about the voting behaviour of German citizens with "migration background" (particularly Turkish, Ex-Soviet, Polish, Romanian). I think that Linke support among voters of Turkish background (including of course all minorities living in Turkey) was clearly above average, though you could argue that German-Germans from a similar socio-economic background would vote similarly.

Do you have a link on the article? Do you remember what it said on the Ex-Soviet Union vote (I always suspected they might lean CDU) ?
Compared to most other immigrant groups, it does. Compared to the electorate at large... it did in 1998 and that created a media cliche that's hard to get away from. I'm reasonably certain that it didn't do anything remotely of the kind in 2002 and 2005, though since then it's harder to tell. It also suffers from ridiculously low turnout rates except for those who came as children, but that's what you get when you get naturalized as part of a package deal right upon arrival when you can't speak the language.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »

Note also the extent to which the area around Luneburg has been greened.
Yes, that quite stands out.

For those not aware of it, the area east of the Elbe with the very light green colors, though historically a part of Hanover and retroceded in the 90s, was part of the GDR. (Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere in the thread.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 12:42:31 PM »

Less Leftish than you might think - the current as well as the former boundary would show up pretty clearly on any map (except as confused by the Wendland which does have a Left presence, of course.) Seems like most Neuhausers are not feeling buyers' remorse over the transfer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies