Purple State and Marokai's BIG IDEA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:02:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Purple State and Marokai's BIG IDEA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Purple State and Marokai's BIG IDEA  (Read 8153 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: May 28, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »

The idea of game reboot is very tempting for me. But somehow I guess that the game planning stages in the Constitutional Convention were probably very painful. Could some of the game veterans enlighten us on this?

Planning?  During a Constitutional Convention?

What?

He's new here, remember. He'll learn.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »

The trouble with a total restart is that it kind of destroys what we've done so far. Instead of wiping the slate clean, perhaps we ought to consider buying a new slate.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 07:59:20 AM »

The trouble with a total restart is that it kind of destroys what we've done so far. Instead of wiping the slate clean, perhaps we ought to consider buying a new slate.

Totally change the game? Interesting idea. Of course, I don't see this going anywhere, since most people enjoy (for some reason) the mindless, stale game that is Atlasia.

No, what I mean is that we declare a Second Republic. Things passed under the First Republic would then take on the background role that American legislation pre-2004 has here.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 05:50:51 PM »

I don't see why U.S law should be in any proposed new 'backstory' and what we've done here over the past six years should be placed in the memory hole.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 02:57:04 PM »

I would like this question answered, please.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »

I don't intend for there to be any "backstory."

But why should everything we've done here be placed in the memory hole?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 01:07:21 PM »

To put it simply, if our choices are "Continue on a path where we have done anything and everything politically imaginable" or "Scrap everything and go into Atlasia: Remixed" I would choose the latter each time. I see no reason why keeping everything already passed in the last many years benefits us in any way.

I disagree that there are only two choices. As I wrote earlier, it makes more sense to buy a new slate than to wipe clean the current one. Declare a Second Republic and - essentially - archive all that has been done over the past six years, but don't pretend that it didn't happen. Besides, a total re-boot is impossible; unless we want to spend forever and a day passing all the boring, minor legislation on issues that no one but Ernest cares about in order to establish the sort of legislative and regulatory framework a modern state needs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies