Control of the 110th Senate could be in Republican hands (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:06:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Control of the 110th Senate could be in Republican hands (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Control of the 110th Senate could be in Republican hands  (Read 9630 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« on: December 14, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »

Who is Dennis Daugaard?  I think you're correct that Hersheth would be a formidable candidate in a special election, she could probably beat Rounds if he ran himself or any other Republican.  Hopefully, Rounds, who is reportedly good friends with Johnson?, would put partisanship aside and appoint a Democrat to the seat.  The people of South Dakota chose a Democrat at the last election and it would be subverting their will to replace a Democrat with a Republican.  The people of the United States voted in November to give the control of the United States Senate to the Democratic party, and their votes should be respected. 

Hopefully though none of this will be neccesary as Tim Johnson shall recover and go on to serve the people of South Dakota in the Senate for many years.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 01:01:39 PM »

Who is Dennis Daugaard?  I think you're correct that Hersheth would be a formidable candidate in a special election, she could probably beat Rounds if he ran himself or any other Republican.  Hopefully, Rounds, who is reportedly good friends with Johnson?, would put partisanship aside and appoint a Democrat to the seat.  The people of South Dakota chose a Democrat at the last election and it would be subverting their will to replace a Democrat with a Republican.  The people of the United States voted in November to give the control of the United States Senate to the Democratic party, and their votes should be respected. 
And you really think a Democrat would do the same thing in that situation.

I cannot know that can I?  But instead of justifying what the Republican Governor of South Dakota will probably do like you are, I would condemn a Democrat who appointed a Democrat to a seat that had elected a Republican in the last election. 
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 05:28:42 PM »

It seems likely a Republican would win Hersheth's SD-AL seat?  That seat seems fated never to be occupied for very long.  She has only been there since 2004. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies