Rasmussen: Trump +10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:05:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Rasmussen: Trump +10
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Trump +10  (Read 1038 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2024, 01:27:10 PM »

Rasmussen is a fake poll and has been ever since it changes hands. Anyone pollster can produce a ten point lead if they push one candidate under 40% (highly unrealistic). The fact that they can only get Trump to 46% speaks volumes. 46% is his base.

I think Biden had a bump in Feb/Mar and now it's faded and we're approximately back where it was around the New Year, with polls split between nearly tied and a Republican version of 2008.  However, even the nearly tied scenario suggests Trump would be favored in the EC.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2024, 01:31:09 PM »

Rasmussen is a fake poll and has been ever since it changes hands. Anyone pollster can produce a ten point lead if they push one candidate under 40% (highly unrealistic). The fact that they can only get Trump to 46% speaks volumes. 46% is his base.

I think Biden had a bump in Feb/Mar and now it's faded and we're approximately back where it was around the New Year, with polls split between nearly tied and a Republican version of 2008.  However, even the nearly tied scenario suggests Trump would be favored in the EC.

Rasmussen has consistently posted off the wall numbers and written biased commentary to accompany their polls. They are literally they only pollster with Trump leading by 10% and it's obvious from the numbers what sort of games they pulled to get them. Their last poll was something like 52-47 Trump now they've switched to this.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2024, 01:34:51 PM »

Around the new year Trump was leading the PV averages by 2-3, occasionally 4 points and was polling strong in Michigan, now he’s been hovering in the 0-2 range and MI has converged with PA/WI in the averages around Trump+1 each.

Also I could see things shifting back towards Biden once the CNN poll leaves the RCP average.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2024, 01:45:22 PM »

Around the new year Trump was leading the PV averages by 2-3, occasionally 4 points and was polling strong in Michigan, now he’s been hovering in the 0-2 range and MI has converged with PA/WI in the averages around Trump+1 each.

Also I could see things shifting back towards Biden once the CNN poll leaves the RCP average.

Oh Biden is definitely in a better position then he was in the new year that much is for sure.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2024, 01:51:33 PM »

Rasmussen has consistently posted off the wall numbers and written biased commentary to accompany their polls. They are literally they only pollster with Trump leading by 10% and it's obvious from the numbers what sort of games they pulled to get them. Their last poll was something like 52-47 Trump now they've switched to this.

Kaplan has it Trump 10 in WI and Trump 15 in MI so it's not the only pollster off the wall
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2024, 02:03:51 PM »

So Trump has more support in a five way race than a three way race? Tell me you're junk without telling me you're junk.
GAinDC

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2024, 02:22:22 PM »

Red avatars were dooming in 2020 anytime Biden got a poll where he led by less than 5 points. So I'm not surprised a poll like this is wreaking havoc, but I'm disappointed.

This is the GOP's game, and they've been doing it for years. They release wonky polls to feed the media beast, get clicks online, and shift the polling aggregates. That in turn leads to a "Dems in Disarray" narrative that can be self-fulfilling if it depresses Democratic enthusiasm. They'd rather win that way than by actually nominating good candidates and running on a popular platform.

All of us should know this by now and take polls like this with a grain of salt.

I know Biden faces more headwinds this year, and I take credible polls showing that seriously. But even then, they're just a snapshot in time.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2024, 02:25:55 PM »

Red avatars were dooming in 2020 anytime Biden got a poll where he led by less than 5 points. So I'm not surprised a poll like this is wreaking havoc, but I'm disappointed.

This is the GOP's game, and they've been doing it for years. They release wonky polls to feed the media beast, get clicks online, and shift the polling aggregates. That in turn leads to a "Dems in Disarray" narrative that can be self-fulfilling if it depresses Democratic enthusiasm. They'd rather win that way than by actually nominating good candidates and running on a popular platform.

All of us should know this by now and take polls like this with a grain of salt.

I know Biden faces more headwinds this year, and I take credible polls showing that seriously. But even then, they're just a snapshot in time.

Rassy definitely is trash, and has been over the last few cycles (though ironically the often show Biden with higher approval ratings than other pollsters). However, it's hard to dismiss the entire polling just as nonsense because it makes you look like a hack living in denial over Biden facing a serious challenge. What makes to election so difficult to rate in my opinion is polling versus fundamentals (economy, lack of scandal, weak opponent, special elections and midterms).
GAinDC

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2024, 02:33:13 PM »

Rassy definitely is trash, and has been over the last few cycles (though ironically the often show Biden with higher approval ratings than other pollsters). However, it's hard to dismiss the entire polling just as nonsense because it makes you look like a hack living in denial over Biden facing a serious challenge. What makes to election so difficult to rate in my opinion is polling versus fundamentals (economy, lack of scandal, weak opponent, special elections and midterms).

I said all of that in my original post. I'm not living in a fantasy.

And "the entire polling" isn't bad for Biden. We've gotten many polls this week that show him leading. It's sad how everyone forgets that whenever one bad poll comes out -- which plays into the GOP strategy I'm talking about.

When you claim that calling out a bogus poll is "dismissing the entire polling" you sort of tell on yourself either as a major Eeyore or a concern troll. I don't see you as either, so I'm surprised to hear this coming from you.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2024, 02:37:40 PM »

So Trump has more support in a five way race than a three way race? Tell me you're junk without telling me you're junk.

He's a rubber stamp for Fox news now, it obviously he isn't independent anymore, that's why I only watch Fox NFL I don't watch the news since Chris Wallace left
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2024, 02:38:19 PM »

And "the entire polling" isn't bad for Biden. We've gotten many polls this week that show him leading. It's sad how everyone forgets that whenever one bad poll comes out -- which plays into the GOP strategy I'm talking about.

With "entire polling" I meant swing states in particular, where Biden is in a tougher spot than nationally, and even in national polls he leads by one or two, he could still lose. People here generally seem to overreact, especially when a bad poll comes out. I think one reason is because we're talking about Trump and not a "normal conservative" whose victory wouldn't change too much.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2024, 02:40:44 PM »

With "entire polling" I meant swing states in particular, where Biden is in a tougher spot than nationally, and even in national polls he leads by one or two, he could still lose. People here generally seem to overreact, especially when a bad poll comes out. I think one reason is because we're talking about Trump and not a "normal conservative" whose victory wouldn't change too much.

We arent losing the blue wall Zogby had it 48/45 in PA and MI and 48/46 in WI , it wasn't put into database by RI a bias pollster whom has access to polls we don't even need NV and we have 270 with CO, NM and VA.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2024, 02:41:56 PM »

CNN poll is in the gop game ?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2024, 02:49:42 PM »

While Trump’s holding up better in the sun belt swing states, in the rust belt trio polling is starting to converge with NPV polling. We’ve had a few Biden leads in MI recently which we haven’t seen in a while,
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2024, 02:52:29 PM »

CNN poll is in the gop game ?

Well it fits the narrative the channel is trying to push. Partially because it’s a juicy narrative that gets clicks and that a Trump presidency is good for his ratings.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2024, 02:55:17 PM »

While Trump’s holding up better in the sun belt swing states, in the rust belt trio polling is starting to converge with NPV polling. We’ve had a few Biden leads in MI recently which we haven’t seen in a while,

Do you honestly believe Gallego is winning AZ and Biden is losing no it's gonna be based on Early votes in NV and AZ like last time we slaughtered Rs in early voting with CCM, Hobbs and Kelly, the same will happen this time
GAinDC

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2024, 02:55:51 PM »

Those concerns about Trump are why I think Biden will end up winning. Let’s bookmark this poll.
omar04

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2024, 02:59:39 PM »

so everyone here is gonna panic over a Rasmussen Poll that only has Biden at 36%?

Gotcha!

What people like you miss is that we are panicking over the preponderance of evidence, not “one poll.” It’s stunning how easily people are talking themselves out of reality. Please understand that this mindset is the beginning of how something like January 6 is able to happen.

Isn't there a lot of contradicting evidence? On the first page of this forum alone there are several national or state level polls showing Biden or Trump up 1-3%.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2024, 03:40:53 PM »

Well that sucks lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2024, 05:18:59 PM »

RCP hasn't even added this so even they must be done with Rasmussen lol
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi