MSNBC/Marist has Obama & Romney basically tied in CO, NV & IA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:30:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MSNBC/Marist has Obama & Romney basically tied in CO, NV & IA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MSNBC/Marist has Obama & Romney basically tied in CO, NV & IA  (Read 5278 times)
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« on: May 31, 2012, 10:34:22 AM »

Samples are:

IA: 35 R, 34 D, 31 I
CO: 35 R, 31 D, 34 I
NV: 40 D, 38 R, 22 I

That R+1 Iowa sample looks fair, given that '08 turnout was D+1. Same for Colorado sample, which is R+4 in this poll, but was R+1 in '08. Nevada was D+8 in '08, and is only D+2 in this poll. But to be fair, 2004 turnout in Nevada was R+4.

These polls have to be good news for Mitt Romney considering that Obama won all three of these states by no less than 9 points in '08.

Surprised to see Iowa and Nevada so competitive.

I look at it as the other way. Obama basically leads in states that Bush won twice, after what way well be his worst month since the debt debate.

Romney has basically had a great month, winning the nomination, enjoying basically no negative coverage or gaffes, and yet he's not opening up leads anywhere in states that have a history of being more R than D.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:09:15 AM »

The thing to look at is where Romney is stuck at in most of these polls, which is 44-46% and some times lower and that doesn't seem to really changing.

I expect this to be the next "story" of the campaign, the media will need something new to hype up soon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies