A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:54:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 61712 times)
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« on: August 29, 2019, 12:53:42 AM »

Campaign Ad #1
Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.
Campaign Ad: Dignity of Work.

Narrator: "The son of a Mansfield Doctor, Sherrod Brown grew up an eagle scout and graduated from Yale University where his public life began."

Narrator: "In Congress, he fought for middle class families and stood on the right side of history, consistent and principled"

Voting against the Iraq War

Spearheading the fight against unfair trade deals

Opposing the PATRIOT Act and unwarranted surveillance

Standing by workers in their right to organize

Narrator: "Now, he's running for President to protect the dignity of American workers."

Fighting to Protect American Jobs and Industry.

Fighting for Renewable Energy Jobs.

Fighting for Higher Wages.

Fighting against a Rigged Economy.

Fighting for the Dignity of Work.

VO: I'm Sherrod Brown and I approve this message.

Aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 05:15:57 PM »

SHERROD BROWN
Schedule (September 1st-31st)

Ohio: September 1st-10th
September 1st: Opening rally at hometown city - Mansfield, Ohio - with Senator Elizabeth Warren and Senator Bernie Sanders demanding a government for the working class.
September 2nd:Townhall in Cleveland, Ohio regarding healthcare and lowering prescription drug prices, allowing Americans to buy prescription drug prices from Canada, and increases government negotiating power.
September 3rd:Hold rally in Dayton, focusing on record and electability in an increasingly red state. 
September 4th:Go door to door campaigning with campaign staff in Toledo, hold rally about our trade policy and our trade deals.
September 5th:Release the “I’ve got a plan for that’’ strategy and do a media swing on CNN, MSNBC, and ABC in order to boost its awareness. Discuss about the upcoming debates and our massive grassroots campaign.
September 6th:Hold rally in Cincinnati speaking about a structural movement against the establishment, hinting Tim Kaine, and bringing progressive change to the United States.
September 7th:Walk with Amazon workers that have gone on strike, discuss the need to protect and strengthen our unions as well as increasing the minimum wage to $15.
September 8th:Hold rally in Akron that outlines our infrastructure plan which invests 1 Trillion dollars into our roads and bridges effectively creating good paying jobs and greener infrastructure.
September 9th:Hold rally in Dayton about the need to secure a good deal for our nation’s farmers and to end the trade wars that have been devastating rural America.
September 10th:End Ohio Campaign swing with Senator Amy Klobuchar at Columbus, Ohio

Iowa: September 11th-18th
September 11th:Kickoff Iowa campaign tour with Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren at massive campaign speech in Des Moines, Iowa. Hold Meet & Greets at the Iowa State Fair and make a short speech regarding the need to restore America’s morality and justice. Meet with Des Moines Democratic Leaders regarding endorsements.
September 12th: Hold a Voter Registration Drive in Cedar Rapids with Sen. Bernie Sanders and go signature Collecting with Volunteers in Cedar Rapids. Meet with Local African American Leaders to speak about criminal justice reform and the need for a better alliance between law enforcement and dominant african-american neighborhoods
September 13th: Meet & Greet with Iowa Veterans & discussion about the needed changes to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Hold a Town Hall will college students at Iowa State University preaching progressive values such as a $15 dollar minimum wage and making community college free.
September 14th: Hold an Interview on CNN with Jake Tapper citing the need to protect and assist labor unions and reform our tax system. Speak at Des Moines University with Senator Bernie Sanders discussing the importance for young people to vote. Put up Yard Signs with Senator Elizabeth Warren and our volunteer team in Sioux City
September 15th: Meet with farmers in Ottumwa, Iowa to discuss about agribusiness dominance and the need for investment in our agriculture grid.
September 16th: Open new Campaign Office in Cedar Rapids & discuss campaign strategy with top campaign officials and Iowa Democratic leaders. Hold Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids with all proceeds going to the Human Rights Campaign citing the need to protect LGBTQ+ rights everywhere.
September 17th: Meet with Undecided Voters in Waterloo & attend local parade. Hold closing speech in Davenport with Sen. Sanders and Sen. Warren, citing the need for gender equality in the workplace & the need to protect a womens’ right to choose.

New Hampshire: September 18st-25th
September 18th:Hold opening rally in Nashua with New Hampshire Senator, Jeanne Shaheen. Discuss my plans to solve the income inequality crisis and help improve our healthcare system.
September 19th:Hold a Fox Interview with Meghyn Kelly calling on the need for bi-partisan support and on making a plea to not just Democrats this election but Republicans this election because our message is of unity and common sense.
September 20th:Rally in Manchester with Senator Jeanne Shaheen citing the need the need for tax reform & for the protection of labor unions.
September 21st: Televised CNN Townhall in Dartmouth College
September 22nd: Speech in Southern New Hampshire University citing the problems with our education system and the need to improve our efforts on student debt relief
September 23rd: Meet & Greet with New Hampshire Democratic Leaders and State legislators
September 24th: Campaign with Senator Jeanne Shaheen throughout New Hampshire, hold fundraising events and meet with voters citing the need to decrease our income inequality.
September 25th:Closing speech in Concord citing the desperate need for action on climate change, with Senator Jeanne Shaheen.

Nevada: September 26th-31st
September 26th: Hold Veteran’s Round Table & Opening Rally in Sparks. Meet with Nevada Democratic Leadership
September 27th:Campaign with Las Vegas Democrats. Put up Yard Signs & go door to door in Carson City
September 28th: Meet with Campaign Donors & Speak at Latino Victory Fund Event
Speak and hold townhall at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
September 29th: Hold a campaign rally in Henderson, stating the importance of racial equality in the workplace and in our courts. Give a speech at the Hoover Dam to speak about the importance in investing and renewing our nation’s infrastructure
September 30th: Give a speech at Las Vegas about raising the minimum wage to $15 dollars an hour
Hold a televised NBC townhall in Reno. Go door to door with volunteers in Elko suburbs
September 31st: Hold Speech in Laughlin regarding the need for environmental preservation and for the investment in greener technology. Meet with Nevada Hispanic Community Leaders & discuss the most pressing issues to the Hispanic community & solutions for them. Announce a plan to give DREAMERS U.S. citizenship.Hold closing rally in Carson City speaking about the need for compromise and bi-partisanship in order to institute progress.
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 05:37:17 PM »

Brown Question # 1 : Senator, you have served Ohio for 49 years, which started when you became a member of the Ohio State House of Representatives, to now, where you serve the Buckeye state in the Senate. Yet you are retiring this year. Why are you retiring and do you think you could keep Ohio’s seat from flipping to the Republicans this November with you not on the ballot?

Brown Question # 2 : Senator, Rose City ANTIFA has recently devastated Portland, Oregon in another riot, one that has become an almost common sight in the city. You, as well as Washington State Senator Mona Das, called out the actions of ANTIFA as vile and thuggish, while no one else in the field has done so. Why did you do that?

Debate Questions + Responses

Opening Statement: My fellow Americans, I come from a state where it is getting harder and harder for Democrats to win elections, a state where our workers are suffering and in effect leaving to the arms of the GOP based on false promises. I’ve been in Congress since 1993 so I know when things get bad, my fellow Americans it is time to act. As Senator, I was one of the opposing votes on the Iraq war, I’ve been the strongest voice for our nation’s unions, and I’ve been one of the strongest progressive Congressman ever elected, this is what America needs, a candidate that doesn’t back down to the political establishment and instead does what he believes in. If given the nomination, I will represent our party’s values and the ideals we were founded on, a just country where everyone has a right to assemble.

Brown Question # 1 : Senator, you have served Ohio for 49 years, which started when you became a member of the Ohio State House of Representatives, to now, where you serve the Buckeye state in the Senate. Yet you are retiring this year. Why are you retiring and do you think you could keep Ohio’s seat from flipping to the Republicans this November with you not on the ballot?

Answer: Well let me start of by saying this, there have been accusations that claim I am not running for re-election to the United States Senate, these accusations are untrue and simply false. I am in fact running for re-election to my Senate seat because it is absolutely vital that if I don’t happen to win the nomination, the Democratic Party retains this seat and frankly I have proven to be capable to win in a state that has been voting red these past couple of elections. Now to answer your other question Rachel, I do think we can flip Ohio even if I'm not on the ticket, it really just depends on the way us as a party and as candidates communicate our message to the American people. You know I come from the “Buckeye State” and let me tell you why I’ve won re-election to my seat when President Trump won this state with a substantial margin, it’s because I talked and met with the backbone of this country and one of the biggest groups of our party, the blue collar families of the United States. Frankly we don’t have a chance of winning this election if we repeat the same mistakes we did in 2016, we need to discuss how we’re going to improve the lives of these middle class families that have been hurt by our unfair tax system, by the companies that have been sending jobs to foreign countries causing people to lose their jobs, and we’ve got to discuss our support for the right to assemble and form unions.  We’ve got to discuss this in states like mine, which have historically voted Democratic but have felt isolated because they feel ignored, this needs to change. I’ve shown I can do that by gaining support from both Democrats and Republicans and I can do this as your nominee.

Brown Question # 2 : Senator, Rose City ANTIFA has recently devastated Portland, Oregon in another riot, one that has become an almost common sight in the city. You, as well as Washington State Senator Mona Das, called out the actions of ANTIFA as vile and thuggish, while no one else in the field has done so. Why did you do that?

Answer: Well, first thank you for bringing up this question. You know, I know that some things happening in this country may not be liked by all of us, but violence is never an option. When I saw what ANTIFA did to those poor people in Portland, I boiled up inside. My blood got hot. I don’t understand how people can say that they are Anti-Fascist, when they are literally acting as fascist and attacking the enemy. This comes right back to my foreign policy. I don’t believe that the best way forward for our nation is to allow these conflicts divide us here at home, or abroad. I opposed the Iraq War, and I stand by that vote because intervention should never be the first option. I will stand with Republicans, with Democrats, in the pursuit of seeking common ground, that will benefit all Americans. That is why I condemned ANTIFA, and that is why I call on every other member in this race should condemn ANTIFA for their actions.

Closing Statement: I’d like to thank MSNBC for holding this debate and for all the watchers at home for tuning in and watching all the candidates up on this stage answer your most pressing concerns. It is time that the United States someone that is willing to stand up for the American people and that is willing to lead against the establishment when they’re wrong, that is what I did when I led the fight against the Iraq war and when I led the fight against NAFTA. America, this is the time to take back the soul of America and help our nation move forward from the 8 horrible years of President Trump. So let me say this, I know that I’d support anyone on stage against Vice President Rubio, an enable for the worst President in modern American history, all I am asking is you let me lead the fight against him. Thank you and God Bless the United States of America.
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 05:46:26 PM »

Campaign Highlights

Early on the campaign trail, Sherrod Brown made the following remarks at a speech in New Hampshire:

The Opioid Epidemic has been directly caused by greedy drug companies who aren't being held accountable. We need to hold the pharmaceutical drug companies accountable for misleading, unethical, and frankly should-be-illegal marketing and distribution of these products. Republicans, and even some Democrats, have left New Hampshirites totally behind and done the bidding of the drug companies. As President, I will fight to hold these drug companies accountable for their recklessness and carelessness in causing the deaths of thousands and ruining several thousand more lives. There's no reason why pharmaceutical companies should be getting away with ruining the lives of many New Hampshirites, and there's no reason why they should be able to continue to.

Sherrod Brown outlines $1T infrastructure plan at Iowa town hall

"Our nation’s infrastructure is collapsing and people know it.  Every day, we drive on roads with unforgiving potholes and over bridges that are in disrepair.  We wait in traffic jams and ride in railroads and subways that are overcrowded. We see airports bursting at the seams. Much of our drinking water infrastructure is nearing the end of its useful life. It is no wonder the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report now ranks our overall infrastructure at 12th in the world – down from 7th place just a decade ago. The economy has improved significantly since the worst days of the recession, our nation still faces a major jobs crisis.

We need to create millions of decent paying jobs, and we need to create them now.  And infrastructure spending is one of the best ways to do just that. We need to rebuild our levees, dams, roads, schools, railroads, and bridges. We can create millions of new jobs by reinvesting one trillion in our infrastructure over the next ten years. Some estimates say 14 million jobs, others have it above 30 million jobs. We would make hundreds of thousands of jobs for Iowans just by rebuilding crumbling infrastructure here at home, which is crucial to the safety of our economy, something we've been needing to do for a while. Not only that, we'll be able to pay for it without adding a penny to the deficit by taxing corporate offshore income. Moreover, there is an economic cost of not acting.  Several studies have concluded that our deteriorating infrastructure already costs our economy close to $200 billion per year.

It is no wonder groups from across the political spectrum – from organized labor to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce – agree that investing in infrastructure makes sound economic sense.  When spending goes up, both GDP and household incomes grow.  Even the International Monetary Fund – long a proponent of economic austerity – now says that well-designed infrastructure projects spur almost $3 in economic output for each dollar spent."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies