Who Are the Angriest Republicans?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:19:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who Are the Angriest Republicans?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who Are the Angriest Republicans?  (Read 310 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »
« edited: March 31, 2016, 07:38:30 AM by Torie »

This New York Times piece quotes this NRO guy, Kevin Williamson, who writes the most perfervid and hyperbolic lash out at the white working and underclass, which he perceives as Trump's base, that I have ever read. Man, oh man! It's a veritable jeremiad against them.

Folks are really, really overwrought this election season. Yes, it's all horrible, I agree, but at some point one needs to just chill a bit. This kind of rhetoric is not helpful in trying to intelligently address what ails in this country. Williamson's prescription is that he want these downscale opiate addicted communities (yes he goes there too) to literally "die" and empty out, leaving an array of ghost towns. He says they treat their children like stray dogs. Kevin baby, just take a toke and chill, and please make some modest effort to view these folks as human. Thanks.
SillyAmerican
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 11:11:24 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2016, 11:50:02 AM by SillyAmerican »

The vitriol being spewed by many in the media, both on the right and the left, is truly disturbing. The days of having a civil discussion on a political topic seem a distant memory. While I don't think the Republicans have a monopoly on anger, I do think that the general public is completely fed up with "business as usual" politics. What impact that anger has on the election this cycle remains to be seen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies