If Tim Kaine is selected as Hillary's VP and they win in November... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:32:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Tim Kaine is selected as Hillary's VP and they win in November... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Tim Kaine is selected as Hillary's VP and they win in November...  (Read 4212 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 19, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »

Herring. McAulife is the shrewd political type who would definitely choose someone who could hold down that seat.

Perriello would be my fantasy pick, but I'm not sure if he would be willing to leave his diplomat job.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 10:47:06 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2016, 10:52:34 PM by publicunofficial »

Perriello has a big fan base on here. Could someone please explain this?

He gets major points on two fronts.

1) He took out Virgil Goode, who was and still is a complete asshole.

2) During the 2010 race, unlike a lot of other Democrats in conservative districts, Perriello made no effort to distance himself from his voting record, and instead ran on conviction politics. Instead of distancing himself from Obama, he was one of the few who made campaign appearances with him. He is very much in the Sherrod Brown or Jon Tester mold, a progressive who is as liberal as they can be for the constituency they represent (Perriello had an A rating from the NRA during his one term in Congress, as an example of his concessions).

To quote him on his pro Cap and Trade vote: "There’s got to be something more important than getting reelected, if I lose my seat, and that’s the worst that happens, I could live with that. "

Also, since leaving office, rather than just slink off to some lobbying firm like a lot of the 2010 losers did; he has served as President for the Center for American Progress, and currently as a envoy to Africa for the Obama Administration.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies