Republican Congressional Delegation now 100% Christian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:58:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican Congressional Delegation now 100% Christian (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Congressional Delegation now 100% Christian  (Read 6192 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: June 14, 2014, 09:17:34 PM »

If Mormonism is Christianity, North Korea is a democracy.

Its Christology is basically Arian. How is that less any Christian than, say, Jehovah's Witnesses or Oneness Pentecostalism?

Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christian, either.  I've never heard of Oneness Pentecostalism, but I would assume they are not, either.

How are Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses not Christian?  Is it just because they created their doctrines and made up their beliefs more recently than other Christian denominations?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 10:14:38 PM »

Its Christology is basically Arian. How is that less any Christian than, say, Jehovah's Witnesses or Oneness Pentecostalism?

Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christian, either.  I've never heard of Oneness Pentecostalism, but I would assume they are not, either.

How are Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses not Christian?  Is it just because they created their doctrines and made up their beliefs more recently than other Christian denominations?

They have a very different understanding of who Jesus is than the rest of the Christian denominations. So different that it is really questionable whether they can be considered Christian, as the divinity of Christ is one iof the really big main points of Christianity.

Who died and made you the boss of Christianity?  I don't think it's up to you to decide who qualifies as a Christian and when something is different enough to become a separate religion.  Mormons and JWs believe in the divinity of Jesus and the Christian scriptures.  That seems like enough.  And, it's just rude to tell Mormons and JWs what religion they are.  Let them decide what religion they are for themselves.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:26:19 PM »

They have a very different understanding of who Jesus is than the rest of the Christian denominations. So different that it is really questionable whether they can be considered Christian, as the divinity of Christ is one iof the really big main points of Christianity.

Who died and made you the boss of Christianity?  I don't think it's up to you to decide who qualifies as a Christian and when something is different enough to become a separate religion.  Mormons and JWs believe in the divinity of Jesus and the Christian scriptures.  That seems like enough.  And, it's just rude to tell Mormons and JWs what religion they are.  Let them decide what religion they are for themselves.
So the Jews were in the wrong for telling Christians to get out of their synagogues because they weren't really sons of Abraham?

I don't know what you're referring to.  There's definitely a difference between allowing someone to be a member of your church and allowing them to define what they call their own church. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies