You're Less Important then NPCs - The Senate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:09:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  You're Less Important then NPCs - The Senate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You're Less Important then NPCs - The Senate  (Read 1573 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: June 27, 2015, 11:23:17 AM »

Let's be clear what's actually happening here, because Yankee doesn't seem to know and his spectacularily over the top sensationalism might be giving people the wrong idea.

Firstly comparing the rules for the game of atlasia to the death penalty shows a complete lack of perspective (Because I sure hope that atlasia is no one's life) an ignorance, intentional or not, of the fact that unlimited pardons are an integral part of the criminal justice system and a conflation of the two types of atlasian law, those about the game and those about the country, which should never be mixed.

Secondly, although I don't blame anyone for not noticing because it's such a convoluted mess, these sentences are almost exactly the same as the current ones, and, as Al pointed out and everyone seemed to ignore, by changing procedural rules they make it far more difficult to secure a conviction. Which begs the question why Yankee has not been so outraged about this before.

Thirdly, there is a massive difference between a maximum sentence and the expected sentence. The maximum sentence only refers to the very worst instances of each crime, so would not be a regular occurence.

Finally, I consider myself a liberal guy, but people who engage in massive voter fraud and intimidation or delete records shouldn't come back. They don't deserve or have the right to play this game. It is a private game on a private website and no one is entitled to return.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 06:59:17 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2015, 07:37:45 AM by President bore »

It's not the case that the issue of sentencing only just came up as an issue, given the long sentences issued during the Lumine adminstration which were hotly debated.

And, as I said on the thread for this bill and have elsewhere every crime is unique and so the interpretation of what falls under what law is always subjective. It is impossible to not give leeway to the judiciary no matter how hard we try.

@President Bore

1. You'll forgive the hyperbole, I wanted to get people's attention and this seemed like the most effective way to do it. I am not conflating anything, I am merely drawing attention to the matter of ultimate sentencing as Kal called it and the fact that litteraly no one else is concerned about these matters.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Also, If this is meant to be some kind of sick dogwhistle on the issue of my sanity, it is completely transparent bore. Tongue

Also, since you mention pardons being such an integral aspect of protecting people becuase obviously it is outrageous for us to limit these sentences? What is the schedule for Snowstalker? The election is over, why not liberal a fellow laborite? Therein lies the point, you could waste away waiting for a sympathetic President to toss a pardon your way. I don't consider it an adequate protection.

I'm going to have to disagree because you are, objectively conflating the two. The non playable justice system and the playable justice system are just not comparable in this game.

That line about atlasia not being someone's life isn't even close to calling you insane, so I have no idea what you're saying.

Also, as numerous players can confirm, I have been thinking about who to pardon over the last week or so, which, of course, has nothing to do with the fact snowstalker is in labor.

I just think remind people that these sentences is a good way to get them to tone down the apocalypticism

I'm not entirely sure what this is about or responding to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies