How many people of non-christian faiths believe in a historical Jesus? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:03:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  How many people of non-christian faiths believe in a historical Jesus? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many people of non-christian faiths believe in a historical Jesus?  (Read 3913 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 07, 2010, 06:30:09 PM »

Oooh, sorry about that. I remember reading something like that once. But I just found out that it was not 1000 years, but 400 years. Still, compared to Jesus, who was first written about when plently of people who knew him were still alive, that says something.

Of course, there could have been manuscripts about Alexander from eariler that were destroyed, but who knows.

From what I've heard, the main reason the Gospels were written in the first place was that the Apostles were dying off, distortions were creeping in, and the end of the world wasn't coming as quickly as they'd assumed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies