MAGA-teens harass Native American
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:07:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MAGA-teens harass Native American
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Author Topic: MAGA-teens harass Native American  (Read 26102 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2019, 11:16:10 PM »

Pretty much all the parties here behaved dishonorably. The BHI were obviously offensive, the Covington kids- or at least some of them- could have handled themselves better, and Phillips should not have provoked the situation either. But none of this is remarkable or newsworthy. People behave badly at political rallies all the time. What makes this incident special was how it went viral and how divisive narratives became entrenched around it. The real story was posted by dead0man - a mysterious Twitter account controlled from a foreign country, and an anonymous supporting army, apparently deliberately pushed this video to go viral to get Americans to hate each other. This country's enemies are working. And they're being successful. As Lincoln said, "a House divided cannot stand."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2019, 11:21:23 PM »

The real story was posted by dead0man - a mysterious Twitter account controlled from a foreign country, and an anonymous supporting army, apparently deliberately pushed this video to go viral to get Americans to hate each other. This country's enemies are working. And they're being successful. As Lincoln said, "a House divided cannot stand."

Agreed.  This is how the Russians are running rings around us, and it's amazing how few of us seem to realize or care.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #477 on: January 23, 2019, 11:25:53 PM »

These students have the potential to be even worse than Kavanaugh. They have all the potential to turn into a Lifetime movie prototype of an abuser, stalker, etc. Future Terrors of America.

This statement is simply sick.

Pathologically so.

But I could be wrong.  What do you think that the Black Hebrew Israelites in the crowd have the potential to become?  If you won't comment on that, I'd really like to know that as well.  Because it would be interesting to find out why you can label 16 year old kids as Future Terrorists, but can't comment about a group labeled a Black Supremacist Group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Fuzzy. NO. ONE. IS. DEFENDING. THE. BLACK. HEBREW. ISRAELITES! NO. ONE. IN. AMERICA. IS. BOTHERED. BY. HOW. THOSE. KIDS. REACTED. TO. THE. BHI! THE. BHI. IS. NOT. AT ISSUE. HERE. AT. ALL!

The issue is how a group of privileged conservative teenagers probably mocked a Native American in a grossly racist fashion for the crime of his entering their safe space, believing dressing in blackface a flashing white power symbols at visiting black athletes, proudly crowd about how it's not rape if you enjoy it, and---most important of all-- that close to half the country is excusing or normalizing their behavior, from the president of United States on down./b]

Do you know how many republican politicians, as well as a few Democrats, whom I detest voted for that NATO reauthorization bill? Is that going to change my view 1iota that is the right thing to do just because some people who I think are grade 8 Jack holes also supported? Of course not! Nor should you be able to assess these kids grotesque behavior, and even worse all too many adults minimization in defense of it, just because that twit Talib has criticized them and Trump came out in support. Right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of which cultural icons land on what side of the debate. You should know that better than anyone.

As people adjuster in Hollywood have proven, one can twist the facts to suit their own narrative, whip up enough red herrings, and otherwise fulfill their own preconceived notions. Unlike those turds, I have been more than willing to call a spade a spade when Trump is on rare occasions right, and on occasions when the left is just plain wrong. The fact that I responded so vociferous Lee and often to them says nothing about how preconceived my Notions are. I developed nothing until I watch the first video, then the second then the third of these guys acting like bigoted misogynistic bastards. You've done the same thing. You wouldn't have rejected Roy Moore in favor of Doug Jones otherwise, just to name a single example.

You can rail against PC culture, the liberal media, Congress went to leave, and so on and so on. No, it doesn't remotely deserve death threats and doxxing like they've received from various gum that the internet inevitably produces of every shade and ideology. But most importantly, likewise doesn't warrant defending these kids are what they did or said. you are better than this.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #478 on: January 23, 2019, 11:44:16 PM »

These students have the potential to be even worse than Kavanaugh. They have all the potential to turn into a Lifetime movie prototype of an abuser, stalker, etc. Future Terrors of America.

At least they have potential.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #479 on: January 23, 2019, 11:58:11 PM »

The real story was posted by dead0man - a mysterious Twitter account controlled from a foreign country, and an anonymous supporting army, apparently deliberately pushed this video to go viral to get Americans to hate each other. This country's enemies are working. And they're being successful. As Lincoln said, "a House divided cannot stand."

Agreed.  This is how the Russians are running rings around us, and it's amazing how few of us seem to realize or care.
So wait, what’s the issue here? Is it our country’s longstanding institutionalized racism or is just that the Russians are making us confront it? Which one is it?
Jeffster
« Reply #480 on: January 24, 2019, 12:04:11 AM »

Pathologically so.

But I could be wrong.  What do you think that the Black Hebrew Israelites in the crowd have the potential to become?  If you won't comment on that, I'd really like to know that as well.  Because it would be interesting to find out why you can label 16 year old kids as Future Terrorists, but can't comment about a group labeled a Black Supremacist Group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Fuzzy. NO. ONE. IS. DEFENDING. THE. BLACK. HEBREW. ISRAELITES! NO. ONE. IN. AMERICA. IS. BOTHERED. BY. HOW. THOSE. KIDS. REACTED. TO. THE. BHI! THE. BHI. IS. NOT. AT ISSUE. HERE. AT. ALL!

The issue is how a group of privileged conservative teenagers probably mocked a Native American in a grossly racist fashion for the crime of his entering their safe space, believing dressing in blackface a flashing white power symbols at visiting black athletes, proudly crowd about how it's not rape if you enjoy it, and---most important of all-- that close to half the country is excusing or normalizing their behavior, from the president of United States on down./b]

Just when I thought I was out, you pull me back in. Seriously, after I just destroyed you in my previous posts, and instead of responding to it, you ran away screaming "Good day sir." Now you're back posting more misinformation. What is the matter with you?

I showed you how the BHI was connected to the story and you ignored it. I showed you the racist comments from the Native American and you ignored it. Now you'll probably ignore this next part.

There is a difference between blackface, a style of make-up used to represent a caricature of a black person, and painting your body for a blackout, which is done at sporting events. Those who use body paint don't always do the head, but it's not unheard of, and it's a far cry from a racist caricature of a black person. I can show you photos of other people doing it at sporting events if you want. The hand gesture is a play on 3 pt goggles, but instead of putting them against your face you raise your hands up, it is not a racist gesture. I can show you photos of professional NBA players doing it if you want. The rape comment was by one kid, and immediately after he says it you can hear someone say in the video "he doesn't go to covington."

Why are you doing this? Why do you want to keep embarrassing yourself on here? Just give it up and go to sleep.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #481 on: January 24, 2019, 12:27:48 AM »

Agreed.  This is how the Russians are running rings around us, and it's amazing how few of us seem to realize or care.

They recognize that racial hatred mixed with political polarization is a good way to undermine American society. White supremacists like ChairmanSanchez do as well.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #482 on: January 24, 2019, 12:33:16 AM »

Pathologically so.

Just when I thou....

I SAID GOOD DAY! Anotber word,from you, you micreant poltroon, and I'll have you before a magistrate!

Now, back to my conversation with Mssr. F. Bear.
Jeffster
« Reply #483 on: January 24, 2019, 03:05:27 AM »

Proof Nathan Phillips lied about being a Vietnam Vet, being "honorably" discharged, and serving "in theater."

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1088285433673515009

Why did the media take this guys word without doing any sort of background check? It's been internet sleuths that tracked down these videos and got a copy of his DD 214 form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXIzvyAlLA
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #484 on: January 24, 2019, 06:56:18 AM »

Pathologically so.

Good.  Say something bad about them without mentioning the Covington Catholic Kids.  Do it!

Criticize them, and let the criticism of their actions stand alone.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #485 on: January 24, 2019, 08:16:30 AM »

Good.  Say something bad about them without mentioning the Covington Catholic Kids.  Do it!

Are you dyslexic? Badger has mentioned at least three times that these black Israelites are jerks and nobody likes them.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #486 on: January 24, 2019, 08:28:05 AM »

Pathologically so.

Um, I have repeatedly, as have others here, but just for you....

Their conduct was beyond contemptible and demonstrated why the splc has them listed as a hate group. Bonafide losers to a, so-called, man.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #487 on: January 24, 2019, 08:31:16 AM »

I hope all the republicans in this thread have enjoyed their 20 pages of distraction as their presiden's approval has fallen off a cliff. Maybe they should ask themselves what real Americans care about instead of pushing this identity politics/culture wars bs.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #488 on: January 24, 2019, 10:45:06 AM »

A few posters have figured out that if they make at least 50 posts on the subject, they have won the argument.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #489 on: January 24, 2019, 10:49:38 AM »

I hope all the republicans in this thread have enjoyed their 20 pages of distraction as their presiden's approval has fallen off a cliff. Maybe they should ask themselves what real Americans care about instead of pushing this identity politics/culture wars bs.

Literally why people vote for the Republicans is for issues like this lol.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #490 on: January 24, 2019, 10:52:35 AM »

Indeed. I am on the verge of changing my party registration due to this. I filled out a form but refrained from submitting for now.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #491 on: January 24, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »

Indeed. I am on the verge of changing my party registration due to this. I filled out a form but refrained from submitting for now.

I for one am glad to see that you are equally revolve Spivey Republican parties minimization and normalization of racist conduct, and I'm sure the Democratic party will welcome you with open arms. Smiley
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #492 on: January 24, 2019, 11:52:02 AM »

You wouldn't be saying this if it were Democrats producing 20 pages of material.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #493 on: January 24, 2019, 11:53:55 AM »

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #494 on: January 24, 2019, 11:55:01 AM »

21 pages of "I know you are but what am I?"
Maybe time to lock it.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #495 on: January 24, 2019, 12:26:01 PM »

Most retarded controversy I have ever heard.

(this month.)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #496 on: January 24, 2019, 02:44:31 PM »

Endorsed
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #497 on: January 24, 2019, 03:08:16 PM »

Most retarded controversy I have ever heard.

(this month.)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #498 on: January 24, 2019, 03:29:44 PM »

x Brittain33
Deleted User #4049
MT2030
United States