You know how Democrats supposedly love George W Bush now and Republicans have totally abandoned him? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:49:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  You know how Democrats supposedly love George W Bush now and Republicans have totally abandoned him? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You know how Democrats supposedly love George W Bush now and Republicans have totally abandoned him?  (Read 936 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: July 30, 2021, 04:45:37 PM »

Yeah actually it looks like that talking point is total malarkey.

Yes the 36% favorability amongst Democrats for him is pathetic but he's still well underwater amongst Democrats and a top ten President amongst Republicans. Really pokes holes in that Greenwald/jfern "argument" that anyone who criticizes Trump or supported his impeachments is a Bush-loving hypocrite.

Also worth noting he's the President with the third worst favorable/unfavorable delta overall after Nixon and Trump.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 07:59:41 PM »

How long before Trump exhumes the corpses of Lincoln, Reagan, and Washington out of spite?

How in the world is Trump and Dubya more popular than Biden with independents?

I really hope this poll is faulty now.
The independent sample is probably right-leaning, see how Biden is at 47% favorability and only +3 over unfavorable when he's at about +8 in all approval polls.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 11:31:36 PM »

The disgusting and disgraceful historical rehabilitation of George W Bush, one of the worst presidents in history, continue.  He now sits at 50%, tied with his dad.  Folks, W was a terrible president.  Please see my other thread where I listed the top 10 worst things Bush ever did.

Wait what?!!! But you criticize Trump and support Biden! That obviously makes you a neocon shill who totally loves George W. Bush because jfern and Glenn Greenwald told me! /s
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 11:55:57 PM »

The disgusting and disgraceful historical rehabilitation of George W Bush, one of the worst presidents in history, continue.  He now sits at 50%, tied with his dad.  Folks, W was a terrible president.  Please see my other thread where I listed the top 10 worst things Bush ever did.

Wait what?!!! But you criticize Trump and support Biden! That obviously makes you a neocon shill who totally loves George W. Bush because jfern and Glenn Greenwald told me! /s

Neoconservatism is bad but saying Bush was bad because he was a neocon is a huge oversimplification.  W is bad because he chose to lie his way into a war, failed at that war, and then used torture as a weapon of war.  Doesn't really matter whether or not that war was motivated by neoconservative principles... he was just straight awful in a very non-ideological way.
This is true...and it's also true that neoconservativism is a sh!t ideology. I've said before that it's like taking all the worst aspects of every ideology into a blender and creating one awful sh!t of a blend.

That said it's an essentially extinct ideology so everyone should stop worrying about it and talk about it only in a historical context.

(No, Tom Cotton is not a neocon. He's just a normal Republican who is more vocally hawkish and authoritarian than most. And he will never be President.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies