FE11: 1184AZ-Peebs Affordable Healthcare Act (Vetoed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:59:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FE11: 1184AZ-Peebs Affordable Healthcare Act (Vetoed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FE11: 1184AZ-Peebs Affordable Healthcare Act (Vetoed)  (Read 1424 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 12:30:02 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It pains me to issue the veto of this bill, as I have long supported the adoption of a single payer insurance system for Atlasia and did honestly believe this bill represented an opportunity to have that discussion. I am, however, forced to concur with President Lumine that this bill simply was not ready to be brought to a final vote. As I and others indicated before and after the vote, the proposal as passed carries several worrisome oversights and problematic provisions that would make its implementation a practical nightmare. I remain hopeful that the principle behind this bill may yet be implemented in the future, but the measure passed by the Assembly is not the best way to do this.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 12:34:33 AM »

I open the floor the floor for a 24 hour vote on a veto override motion.Please vote Aye Nay of Abstain on this bill.
-----
Aye
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 12:41:19 AM »

As a reminder, a unanimous vote of all sitting members is required to override a veto when the Assembly consists of three legislators.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 01:08:34 AM »

Nay on veto override
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 01:16:47 AM »

I think we all have to admit that Truman has the best knowledge on how to spell out bills in order to prevent that they fire back, and if he thinks that we have been too prompt, then we might have been to prompt.

Choose your battles. This one is not worth it.

Abstain
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 11:22:08 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2017, 01:26:01 PM by Speaker 1184AZ »

The veto override has failed with 1 Aye, 1 Nay and 1 abstaining.
-----------
I am greatly disappointed with some of the fear mongering that I have heard over the last few days about single payer as well as some of the outright opposition and hostility directed towards this bill from across the aisle. Look it this bill is affordable and offers the best service possible to the citizens of Fremont. I will be introducing a similar bill soon and intend to pass a bill by the end of this sitting.  

Edit I do appologize for my tone, I do concede that this bill needs some changes however feel it no n exes to make wholesale changes to the proposal. I welcome debate and suggestions, I just ask that next time individuals can offer solutions not just problems.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies